Chapter 7: Dream Talking

Later that night, Cupid Gondry dreams of Joseph. The ancient god usually stays up partying and causing havoc, but he has a long day of school tomorrow. However he doesn't stop working in his dreams. His mind is a majestic palace and in his dreams he wanders the red halls and pass portraits of his past selves.

Cupid opens a gray door. Inside is Joseph's dreams. Joseph's dream room is robin's egg blue. The room is neatly kept with shelves full of novels Joseph has read and CDs of Joseph's favorite bands. Right now, the room is playing Lana Del Rey's "Off to the Races." Cupid grins at the trace of Shinto in Joseph's dream. He walks to a far corner of the room where there's a large mahogany desk. He opens the top right drawer, which is full of art supplies. The god takes an orange color pencil and leaves the room.

He takes a glass elevator a few stories up. He hopes Shinto's room is in the same place. Her sardonic character causes her dreams to change shape and fly off. He gets out of the elevator and walks down the cold corridor. Tonight her double doors are bluish like her new hair. He goes in and finds her dream room is now hot pink. The décor is Betsey Johnson meets Marie Antoinette. And the elegance of the room is shattered by the disarray of teenage-sex-garbage of Shinto's life. The place is littered with magazines, junk food, dildos, and clothes.

Cupid walks to a pink dresser and opens the bottom drawer. He puts the orange color pencil. He then lies on her bed and dreams of Joseph.

*

Joseph dreams of swimming in fire. He is a dragon navigating the lava sea. Lana Del Rey's "Born to Die" blares from the silver sky.

He swims and swims and sees a pair of malicious eyes in the fire. Gondry. The eyes have no face or body, but he knows that dark stare. Joseph points and dives in between the eyes. Joseph evaporates into an orange butterfly. He is in a garden of romance. He glides with the wind and lands on Shinto's freckly back.

*

Shinto dreams of being lost in a rave. The strobe lights glare shades of orange as she navigates through the mindless souls. Lana Del Rey's "National Anthem" blasts from unseen speakers. A large hand grabs her ass and leads her to a secluded hall. The hall is dark, but she could see her molester's eyes. Handsome and malicious. She isn't sure whether to be scared or turned on.

He opens his mouth and kisses her hard and passionately. It is the best kiss in her life. She is so turned on but all she could think about is Joseph. The mysterious man moves from her face and bites right below her collarbone. She squeals in delight as his fangs dig into her chubby flesh.

*

Unaffectedly, Tasi dreams another stressful dream of walking up the stairs of G.W. All she is wearing is her underwear, but students pass her by not paying her attention. The stairs seem to be taking longer for her to climb. Joseph, Shinto, and Gondry do not enter her dream.