"it's 3am, luke!"

8| "it's 3am, luke!"

Slowly and reluctantly, I lift my face from the soft confines of my pillow. Blink once, close my eyes for a second, and blink again. Screwing my fist into my eyes, I squint in the dark and turn my eyes over to peek at the alarm clock on my dresser. Fuzzy, red numbers read that it's three in the morning, and I let out a low groan.

Ugh, why the hell am I up?

Throwing my head back against my pillow, I stare up the ceiling and prepare to go back to sleep. Then I hear it. The low, mellow hum of a acoustic guitar. The sound travels blatantly and relentlessly around my room and I groan again.

That's why.

My eyes flutter shut in annoyance. Luke can not  possibly be listening to music at this hour. The guitar stops abruptly, and for just a quick minute I think that he's done. Unfortunately it starts up again, this time someone singing along with it.

Rolling my eyes at the ceiling, I huff, "I'm suddenly starting to miss New Jersey." Sitting up, I pull my covers back off of me, before throwing my feet over the side of my bed and stumbling out into the hallway.

Yawning, I run a hand through my hair and sleepily knock against the door, "Hey, Luke?"

The music stops again and then there's a lot of rustling and movement, before finally after a long minute the door pulls open; revealing a shirtless boy. Luke's still wearing his jeans and he steps out and looks down the hallway, before staring down at me. "Um, what's going on? What, did little Annie have a nightmare?"

I sigh, "No, I didn't have a nightmare, you ass."

"Good, because I am definitely not the guy for that." He sighs, relieved and then he lifts an eyebrow, "So um, what do you want?"

"I want you to stop playing that damn ruckus!" I grumble, resisting the urge to stomp my foot. I am so tired, and on the verge of being annoyed and him acting this clueless obviously doesn't help. "I can't sleep."

"Ruckus?" He repeats, nodding. Then he cocks his head and says in amusement, "Well -- I didn't think it was all that bad, Annie."

"What are you even do-, you know what, I don't care. Do you know what time it is?" I ask, exasperated. He shrugs, and I groan, "It's 3AM Luke! Can't you wait until tomorrow to listen music?"