Chapter 4

Nicole: Eric we have to talk later though.

Eric: Now I'm scared.

Char: You should be. Maybe we can both go bitchy on him Nic.

Chris: Huge mistake Nic. I'd be in the next chapter not this one.

Nicole: Oh coolies.

Claire: Ok who's going first this time?

Eric: Me.

Char: Err why?

Eric: Cos I said so.

Chris: Burn!

WAY BACK WHEN

*Eric*

I'm still trying to understand what just happened.

I feel almost bad and even I admit it, that's my first step towards humanity.

First of all, Claire starts crying again, Amanda is in a dilemma as to who to attend to, Char has walked away steaming and very mad and I, I am lost as to what to do.

My heart - or at least what's almost a heart - goes out to poor Amanda.

She looks like she should be put to bed or woken up from this nightmare.

She really isn't bad and has been nothing but sweet to me even if I haven't been a 'sweet gentleman' as Char puts it.

I took charge immediately. "Frank!" I called one of the guys.

"Yeah? You should do something and your clothes are kinda dirty cos of the coke." he said.

"I think I figured that out. Get Claire, that's the blonde, anything she needs. I'll be right back."

Once Claire was almost taken care of, I gently steered Amanda outside to my car.

"Eric? I think I need a paracetamol." she said looking and sounding tired and dazed.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I don't have any on me." I said not even realising I just called Amanda a sweetie. She didn't seem to notice too as she just nodded and turned around.

"Amanda do you think you can take me to your house so I can drop you off and search for Char?" I asked quietly.

"Sure. No, what am I saying? What'll happen to Claire? And why do you want to find Char? You guys don't seem to want the other person in the universe."

"Someone will get Claire home with her car. And as for Char and I, I'm not asking her to marry me, I'm just gonna look for her and make sure she's alright. So? Do you want my help?"

"Only on one condition."

"What is that?"

"You let me look for her with you."

"Amanda you look like you'd faint in a minute. I'm sure Char will not be too happy with me if she sees me carrying an unconscious Amanda."

"Okay let's negotiate. I get home and take a paracetamol, if I don't feel or look better I'll stay home but if I do, I go with you and that's if she's not home yet."

"Deal and Amanda, she'll be fine. They'll both be fine." I said and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

I went back in and asked one of the guys who knew Claire's house to take her back with her car.

Once that was settled I went back out and got Amanda in my car.

Not once did I even think that I should have used all this to get Claire hooked.