7

{Edited}

I walk alone down the street to a cafe.

I walked in and inhaled the sweet smell of coffee. I walked up to the counter and ordered a caramel latte and sat down in the far corner of the place. I sipped at my drink as someone pulled out the chair in front of me and sat down. I looked up and saw Jack. He still had his makeup on but he was covering up with a hoodie he was wearing, sunglasses and cloth covering his mouth.

"You stalking me is kinda creepy ya know?" I stated taking a sip of my latte. He chuckled lowly.

"I wouldn't uh, call it stalking doll, more like watching over you. And from what I've seen you need it." He stated. I rolled my eyes leaning my elbows on the table.

"I can defend myself." I replied. He took his sunglasses off looking right at me with his piercing brown eyes he glared but his eyes softened up.

I was somewhat surprised but with Joker, I mean Jack he is full of surprises and he has mood swings.

"Keep telling yourself that." He replied smirking when I glared at him.

"I will!" I said standing up with my latte and left the place, swerving around the crowd of people.   I walked past an alley way and got pulled into it by none other then Jack.

"That's not very nice." He says making a  'tsk, tsk' sound. He drags me further into the alley against my will, pushing me against the wall  his arms leaning on either side of me. I felt heat rise to my face. Why do I keep doing that!? I couldn't help but notice how toned and tan his arms were. I saw him smirking. Oh yea did I forget he pulled the cloth around his mouth off, no? Okay! He still had his hood up so he's still covered, but it wouldn't matter now because no one can see us.

He gently moved my hair and put it behind my ear. He lent down and kissed my neck. I held back a moan. Why does he make me feel like this? I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I pushed him back some, and he looked  at me irritated and confused. I grabbed his hoodie pulling him to me and smashed my lips onto his. They were rough and soft at the same time and felt so familiar! This time he pulled away. I looked at him confused.

"Almost forgot, be at the parade tomorrow, it's uh, going to be a blast!" He said giggling to himself.

"Um yea, sure." I said nervously. He sensed my nervousness. He cupped my face with his hands.

"Don't worry girlie, you'll be safe." He said kissing my forehead. He called me girlie again....

I look at him and pictured without the makeup on like the first time I saw him. He looked like someone I know, but I guess you can call me crazy but he looks like somebody I once knew a long time ago. No it isn't him Katie snap out of it! I mentally shook my head. It's not him, he's dead!

"Katie, what'd wrong?" Jack asked concerned. I didn't realize I was crying. I wiped my tears away and pulled away from him.

"Sorry, um, I gotta go."   I said turning around but he grabs me and pulls me in for a hug which shocked me. I started to shake as I cried. Why am I crying?

Because he looks like him!

My conscious screamed. I shook that thought away. No I won't believe it!

His arms engulfed me into his body as I began to calm down. I wrapped my arms around his strong built.

"It's alright." He said rubbing my back.

I eventually calmed down. But we just stayed like that. We heard a noise close by and we quickly pulled away from each other and Jack pulled out a knife. It was just a cat. I chuckled at how alarmed Jack was. Jack playfully glared at me before pocketing his knife.