Chapter Sixteen

Luke's POV

Everything gonna go perfect. I'm prepared for anything. This was going to be the best night of my life.

I had to reassure myself every few seconds on the drive to pick up Giselle, but on the inside I was freaking out.

What if she doesn't like the pop I brought? What if I say something stupid? What if I sniff her hair? I bet it smells like strawberries it's gonna be hard not to sniff her hair if it smells like strawberries.

My brain was going to explode from all the questions, my lungs were going to explode from hyperventilating, and if the date went badly my heart would explode too.

I couldn't handle all this anxiety. I was on the verge of having a nervous breakdown in the middle of my car while driving. I wouldn't be surprised if I got into an accident, and got hurt before I could even pick her up.

I wasn't even jumping to conclusions at this point I was leaping to conclusions.

Now I was starting to second guess how put together this date was. I'd come up with it at three in the morning. Maybe it was a really stupid idea, but I didn't realize it because of the sleep deprivation.

Before I could even think about turning around, and driving back home I was already pulling into Giselle's driveway.

As I stood at the door waiting for her to come out I felt like I was going to crumble into a heap of nerves. I was strongly considering hiding in a bush before she opened the door, but then the door flung open. Hiding was no longer an option.

Giselle smiled brightly at me I mirrored the smile trying to cover up how nervous I was.

"Hi" I said shyly.

"Hey." She stepped forward, and hugged me.

"You smell nice." I mumbled. I immediately regretted my words after they left my mouth.

Instead of looking at me like I was crazy she giggled. "Thanks I just got this new perfume."

It was such a relief that she wasn't weirded out by that.

"Cool. We should probably go." I awkwardly pointed to my car.

"Yeah that would probably be a good idea." She said.

Turned and ran toward the passenger side door of the car. I opened the door and waited for her to get in. "After you my lady."

She started giggling again. "What a gentleman." I shut the door behind her a ran around to the drivers side.

When I got behind the wheel she immediately asked where we were going. I put my fingers to my lips, and pretended to zip them shut.

"Aw come on. Please tell me! All I know is that we're going swimming." I shook my head. She pouted and folded her arms across her chest.

Soon we were passing by the woods where everything was gonna go down. "See look we're almost there."

She gave me a puzzled look. "You brought me to the forest? You realize how freaky that is right?"

"Just wait we're not even actually there yet." She bit her lip, and continued staring out the window as I turned into the the trail leading through the thick woods.

Not long after we finally got to the end of the trail and into the clearing of the woods.

Though it wasn't just some random clearing. There was a river, and that's where we were going to go swimming.