Chapter 9: Begin Again

Once at The Leaky Cauldron Thomas patronused Scorpius to come and meet them for a drink. He and Scorp had always remained good friends, even after Thomas left Hogwarts. This was a relief to Draco.

When Scorpius showed up he was surprised to see his Dad sitting with his best friend, but then again his Dad had always been incredibly fond of Thomas, almost as if he were another son!

Thomas had already told Scorp about his desire to find his birth father before he'd gone to his mothers office. Thomas bought Scorp a drink and sat down. The three sat at the counter sipping their drinks. Scorpius couldn't hold it back any longer.

"Did you find him?" Scorpius asked Thomas.

"Yes." Thomas answered.

"Really? Who?" Scorpius asked taking sip of his drink.

"Me." Draco replied.

Scorpius spat out his drink.

"You're his father?" He asked his Dad.

"Yes." Draco replied.

"And you're my father?" He asked again even though he knew the answer.

"Yes." Draco answered in an obvious voice.

"So you're my brother?" He asked Thomas.

"Yup." Thomas answered.

"And I'm your brother?" He asked again unbelievingly.

"Obviously." Thomas replied.

"Wicked." Scorpius said with a smile.

"Again with that word!" Draco groaned.

Draco and Thomas talked Scorpius through the whole story, what happened, why it happened and so on. Eventually Draco had to ask Scorpius how his mother was.

Scorpius rolled his eyes. "She's pregnant, again! With Grandfathers baby, like ew, he's old!" Scorpius gagged.

"You think it's 'ew!' for you? My half siblings are my ex-wife's children, who are also my children's half siblings AND their uncles or uncle and aunt. It's just wrong!" Draco stated horrified.

"And I'm not related!" Thomas said cheerily.

"Wrong again Thomas, they're your half uncles or uncle and aunt." Draco shivered disgusted.

Thomas thought about what his father must have been feeling and felt sick.

"Maybe we should go tell your Mum that we're ok and that you're not mad at her." Draco said to Thomas.

"Yeah sure." Thomas said finishing his second drink.

Draco and his two boys flooed apparated to Hermione's office again.

Hermione looked up and saw the three boys in front of her. The three blonde haired boys, that all looked exactly the same apart from their eyes. Thomas's were brown, like hers. Scorpius's were green, like his mothers and Draco's were still that metallic grey that made her go weak at the knees.

Hermione still felt something for Draco but she would never act upon something she had felt nearly twenty six years before.

The four of them talked and laughed. Scorpius had grown up knowing Hermione so he was incredibly comfortable around her and it was no secret that Hermione was incredibly fond of all three of Draco's other children.

Hermione would look at Draco everytime he looked away, handsome as ever, he aged well. He was now fourty two years old. Hermione was nearly fourty two years old. Their children were grown up apart from Draco's Cora, she was a sweet little girl. No one would ever have thought she was related to Astoria but then again she much prefered being around her father and siblings.

Everytime Draco looked at Hermione she felt her heart flutter, not knowing Draco was feeling the same thing and that was the start of how it began again.