Chapter Two: Confused

As I ran toward the people,I realized I wasn't breathing heavily at all. Even though I ran a long distance. It was pretty weird.

When I reached them,I tapped on a woman's shoulder because she was near me. I looked at her skin. She had goosebumps even though it had kind of warmed up. When she turned,she looked everywhere behind her. She even looked in my direction,but didn't see me. She turned to look back at the ceremony. She looked like someone I should've known without a doubt. I whispered to her,"Ma'am?" No answer. I tried again. "Ma'am? Can you hear me?" Still no answer. How could she not hear me?

Then I noticed the picture she held of a teenager who looked exactly like me. I looked back in the locket I was the girl in the picture. A tear rolled down her cheek. I felt bad for this stranger. I also felt like I needed to comfort her. But that girl wasn't just any girl, that was me, Katrina Taylor Fay. That made me wonder......oh no. No way.

I walked down the isle. Nobody could see me. Strange. I knew what I would see when I would look in the casket. I took my only chance. I looked. Then I saw it. My body. I knew what I was.......a soul. I'm dead......in one way at least. That was where I lived,that was my pet, and that was my truck.