Chapter Thirty-Two

Here's another update! I felt so bad about making you guys wait so long that I decided to update this story again. Eight more chapters until the book ends!! Hope you guys enjoy this before it ends. I'll try to make the chapters longer as well but no promises! 

Vote/Comment!!

_________________________________________________________

We were all gathered around the living room. My brother had just told my father the story of what happened all those years ago when he was kidnapped. My dad kept asking questions, he still couldn’t wrap his mind around it. He kept wondering what it was that he found me holding in the water. When he was told it was another kid, he flipped out. He couldn’t handle this. Then he couldn’t wrap his mind around how demented his wife actually was. He was upset that he hadn’t seen this earlier.

 Asher was sitting right next to me holding my hand the entire time. The warmth of his hand on mine was the only thing holding me together at this moment in time. I knew that if he wasn’t here I would have broken down and cried and this conversation would have never gotten anywhere. I know ive had a few days to wrap my mind around this entire situation but I still couldn’t. I just couldn’t image how someone could be so terrible and then act like everything is normal. My question was what had happened to my mother in her life to make her turn out this evil, twisted and demented.

My father’s eyes were red at the brim. You could tell that he was trying hard to fight the tears back. I had never once seen my father cry, this is the closest I’ve come in the past 18 years of my life. He was trying to be strong for my brother and for me. My father was a strong man and he would never let any of us see him cry. I just don’t understand how this man, the guy who was the greatest guy that I’ve ever known, married the most demented woman that I have ever met in my life.

Yes, they are both my parents and I haven’t met every person in the world. I still couldn’t wrap my mind around this entire situation. I know I’ve said this so many times but its true. This situation was completely screwed up and nobody deserved to be treated like this. I don’t care who you are but you cannot ever treat anybody, especially your children like this.

 “I can’t believe she lied to me all these years.” My father shouted standing up. “My only son, my first born, she took you away from me for a reason that nobody can understand. She abused my only daughter. I can’t believe I married such a crazy person.”

There was no doubt in my mind that my father was angry but in his angry state he wasn’t thinking rationally. When he would get angry back home he would usually start drinking and he would do all sorts of stupid things. He never laid a hand on any of us but he did break so many things when he was drinking. One night he got so drunk that he ran outside, screamed at the top of his lungs. He screamed at someone who wasn’t even there and then he took off his clothes and went running down the street. It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

“Dad calm down, you know you don’t think rationally when you’re angry. Please don’t drink and do something stupid again.” I said looking at him with a pleading look.

“There’s no way that I can’t be angry! She did the most awful things to you and I never noticed.” My dad shouted, “Even worse she took my son and your brother away from us and made us believe he was dead.”

“Hey dad, I understand how hard this must be for you. I’ve had years to think about this and I’ve asked every question that you’re asking now.” Mitchell finally said. “The thing is we can’t do anything about this. The only thing that we can do, is let the police do their job. We should enjoy the time we have together now and dwell on past events. Past events will only hold you back and never push you forward.”

My dad was silent for a second before he sat down on the couch and looked his son in the eyes, “Ken would you and Asher mind leaving Mitchell and I alone for a second?”

I looked at my father and nodded my head; squeezing Asher’s hand I led him upstairs to my bedroom. As we made it up the stairs I could hear my father talking in a calmer voice than he had before I left the room. Whatever he wanted to talk to Mitchell about was probably something he didn’t want me to hear and I could respect that. The only problem is I’m being left alone in my bedroom with Asher….