Chapter 27

Sadie's POV

I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. I looked over to where I usually place my clothes when I realized that I forgot to bring my pajamas in with me. I guess I was too distracted thinking about everything that has happened these past few days that it must've slipped my mind.

After doing an internal facepalm, I quickly wrapped a fluffy white towel around my body. I reluctantly unlocked the door and stepped out of the bathroom. I started to walk over to my closet when I saw that I wasn't alone.

"What are you doing here??!!??" I demanded. I tightened the towel around me and took a couple of steps back.

"I uh- wanted to check on you," he explained. His eyes were focused on his feet.

"Well you can see that I'm fine. You can go," I said.

Adam looked up from the ground and stared at me. His hazel eyes were filled with desire, which to be honest, frightened me a little.

And when he didn't move an inch after what I said, I pointed at the door behind him. "Maybe you should go now?" I asked. "You know the way out."

At first he just continued to stare at me, not moving. But a couple seconds later, he turned around and walked out of my room without a word. Not even a goodbye.

I ignored the slightly disappointed feeling I had in my chest and hurried over to my closet.

---------------------------------

The next day at work, I wasn't even a bit surprised to see that someone had replaced Amanda at the front desk.

After a few days, it finally started to feel like everything was back to normal. Or so I thought.

I was walking toward the elevators when I heard someone holler my name.

"Sadie!" a male voice yelled.

I turned around in response and saw a guy smiling at me. Who is he? My forehead crinkled in confusion. I checked to see if I heard him wrong and he was smiling at the person behind me. But to my bewilderment, there wasn't anyone behind or near me.

As he got closer, I could see that he was dressed in a gray cardigan with a white tee underneath. His dark brown hair was gelled up. He wore dark blue jeans and had a brown watch on his right wrist.

I have to admit, he looked pretty cute. Not as cute as the Korean boy group, Infinite, but.. cute enough.

"Who are you?" I asked him once he stopped right in front of me.

"Oh come on Sadie, don't play around. You know who I am. Although I didn't tell you my name the first time I talked to you," he smiled.

Huh? We talked before? Did I not recover all my memories??

"That note that was in your locker?" he hinted.

Wait, how did he know? I never told anyone about it. And honestly I would've never remembered it if he didn't just mention it. I had assumed that the note was a joke.

"How do you know about that?" I asked suspiciously.

"Of course I would know! I was the one who wrote it!"

A/N: I need your help :) I already decided the name for the mystery guy, but I can't decide what last name to use! Suggestions???