Epilogue

Epilogue

*Lana's P.O.V*

I clasped the blue diamond necklace behind Korey's neck, then let her curled hair down. It has grown so much since we first met. Then, it only made it passed her shoulders, but now, her healthy hair comes straight down her back, stopping midway. She turned facing me, her stomach now flat, only three months after having Kalise.

"You look so beautiful, sis. I can't believe after everything, I'd be standing here as your maid of honor. I really love you, and couldn't pick anyone better for my brother. I just wished none of that crazy shit happened. I'd go back in time if I could." I took a deep breath, trying not to cry. Korey poked out her bottom lip, opening her arms for a hug.

"It's okay, babe. He loves you, and he forgives you. It's been over a year, don't sweat it. You gone make a bitch cry on her wedding day!" She laughed, pulling out the embrace and wiping my tears.

"I don't think so, Kor. After daddy died, I just don't have nobody but y'all and Trey. I love him, Korey, I really do, but lately... I just don't know anymore.

I sighed, thinking about Trey. When Korey and Jon moved, everything was perfect between us. We remained celibate, even 'til this day. I stuck to my word, and maybe that's the problem. He's been distant these last few months.

'What we waitin' for? You love me, I love you, so let's fuck already!' I reminisced on his harsh words from only a few days ago. I've changed, I swear I have, and maybe not for the better. I'm so submissive to him, but I won't have sex, not until I'm for certain that he's the man I'm going to be with. I have to be sure. I'm almost twenty three. I have time, plenty, but I don't want to be like the girls I grew up with. The chicks on welfare now, with a nigga who could give two shits about them or their snotty-nosed kids.

I needed to be in a place where I was his main priority, and I know I'm not Trey's. Sure, he's sweet, handsome, and funny as hell! But, that just won't do anymore. I don't feel wanted anymore, I feel like an obligation, and that just won't do. Not in this day.

"Lana, boo, you know you my girl and I told you a long time ago that keeping the cookies locked up will drive a man crazy! I mean, how do you do that anyway?" She laughed. I chuckled, shrugging.

"Well, I let him eat it from time to time and vice versa, but I won't let him hit. I just don't have that gut feeling, ya know?"

"I see, well, just remember, if you ain't giving up, anotha bitch would and he won't feel a ounce guilty about it. I know Trey, and he doesn't think about shit before he does it. But, I do think y'all are cute, so I hope and pray y'all get over this hill, cause worse could be happening." She had a point, but all these sly indications of infidelity were turing my mood to salty, so I changed the subject.

"Anyway, you got ten minutes before you're legally my sister!" I plastered a smile on my face, and watched her smile dreamily.

"Yes!" She smiled, turning back around to face the mirror.

"Baby?" I jumped at Jon's voice and looked around the room; it was only me and Korey.

"UH-"

"Hey baby! I'm about to come now.." Korey said into a walkie talkie device. I laughed and shook my head. Those two.....

---------------

*Korey's P.O.V*

"No, don't come yet, bae, save that for Saint Martin." I blushed as he referred to the place of our honeymoon. I turned to see Lana quietly leaving out the room, holding up a finger. I nodded and turned around in the plush seat of the hotel desk, and talked to my husband to be.