Chapter 11

A race I knew that was going to happen. You know a straight path, the finish line and a timer.

Not this.

Not this obstacle. A fucking obstacle.

I like to run. Not do the Olympics.

"What is this?" I asked.

"My all time greatest O'race!" Kyle cheered.

I mentally face palmed.

Kyle looked so proud and for some reason I softened.

"Well you did a great job." I whispered. But with there hearing senses he heard me.

He beamed me a perfect smile.

Suddenly he clapped his hands together.

"Well let's get started!"

"Wait!" I hollered, "I don't know how to do all this crazy stuff. I only know how to run."

I looked at all the turns, the trees, the poles, the slides, the jumping, a crazy obstacle indeed it was.

"That's the point, you're suppose to try." Trent agreed. "But it's not like you're going to beat me."

A human body has over 7 trillions nerves, and Trent manages to get on every single one of them.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists.

"Oh yeah?" I said, "you wanna bet?"

He gave me a simple cocky smirk and a tight  nod. Enough to get me worked up.

Well game on Trent. Get ready to loose, because I will win this even if it kills me.

You're messing with the wrong girl.

"Guys it's just a race." Evan pleaded. "Don't take this too seriously."

"Just a race!" Kyle outraged. "This isn't just a race, this is my master piece!"

"All of you shut up!" Carson shouted.

All of us froze. He was always so calm and collected. But he totally lost his cool.

"You guys this is serious. Stop being so damn competitive, stop acting like a child, and stop with all this nonsense!" Carson ranted.

"You ok man?" Alec asked.

Carson nodded.

"Um yeah carry on." Carson mumbled.

Alec chuckled.

"Let the race begin." Kyle said.

"I'll time it." Evan stated, going to the finish line.

"I'm counting down." Kyle said excitedly. He was such a child.

I looked over to Alec and Carson.

"I'm just watching. Carson will make sure there are no cheaters." Alec said, looking at Trent when he said the last sentence.

Trent only rolled his eyes.

"I don't cheat." He grumbled.

Kyle made a noise of disbelief.

So we got a cheater on our hands. Don't worry even with the cheats, you won't beat me.

My heart rate increased and adrenaline started pumping through my veins.

"On your mark, get set, go!"

And then I ran.