What We Could've Been - |For Annie|

I'd like to dedicate this one shot to my bestest friend ANNIE C: For it is her 2098340830924809432094 birthday today, and I'd like to make it special. cx I'm sorry, it isn't much, but  I wrote this last night and made it well....heartfelt. Hence the title for this one shot book. I really hope you like it.  

It's choppy, unedited, and not enough info but MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I had half a mind to just trash the whole thing at like 11pm at night, wanting to just restart everything XD 

But I didn't. So its.....raw....writing XD DON'T THROW ROCKS AT ME ITS TERRIBLE. *sigh*

Here you go, Annie. I love you with all my heart and soul and mind and - I JUST FREAKIN LOVE YOU MAN MMK.  O.O

Never stop being you

-x-

TITLE: What We Could've Been

Annie's POV

"I'll try my best to tell you my story. It's story about a girl...meeting a boy. A story about a beautiful love that was broken so quickly, by something nobody expected."  

"And what was that?" 

I turned to the man who spoke, a glint of sadness caught in my gaze. "You'll find out soon enough." 

-x-

It had all began on a clear day in mid-summer. A day when the wind whisped through the bristles of newly cut grass and when the sun shone so brightly it made your eyes squint and your skin perspire.

I was with him that day. 

Hand in hand, side by side, there we were, laying in the grass and pretending that the clouds above our heads were shaped like things from this world. I still remember the vibrance in his eyes that day, the sweet blue that lingered in his irises when they turned to capture my gaze. They were full of life and happiness. 

It was that day that he said he loved me. 

Looked me straight in the eye, a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips, and then, "I love you, Annie. You're all I've ever hoped for." 

My whole world had stopped spinning, and it was in those moments that I just stared into his eyes, my heart beating like a bird flaps it's wings on first flight.  My hand slipped from his, fingers shakily placing themselves upon his slightly stubbled cheek before I had burst forward, my lips soon capturing his. 

We'd molded together perfectly, like the whole world had intended for us to be together all along. Soul mates, some of you might've called it.  

You know, there was this one myth, one that had really had me thinking. It was said in this myth that Zeus had originally split our human forms in two, leaving us to forever search for our missing halves. 

And well, in that moment, I knew I'd found my missing half.

After that day, everything changed. 

I remember one time, Louis had gone away on tour for five months, and I'd missed him so terribly, that when I'd finally gotten to the airport I was a complete sobbing mess. 

-x-

-FLASHBACK-

I stepped aboard the terminal, my eyes quickly scanning the area quickly for a sight of them. The boys' plane had just landed, and now here I am, still trying to contain the excitement bubbling up in the pit of my stomach.  

It was nearing the five minute mark when I finally caught sight of Harry. His eyes widened, he called to his mates and before I knew it I was being attacked into a four sided hug, four boys all clinging onto me, smiling and laughing.