Tooth Fairy

A/N: Hello readers! So, I know it's been a long time since I updated, but I am back! I'd like to thank all of you for your continued support on this and I hope that you'll continue to do so through the thick and the thin.

Timeline: Around the time when Zola is 5-6 years old

"Mommy! Daddy!" Zola's voice rang in the big house, cutting through the silence of the night.

Meredith and Derek, who were sitting on their bed idly and chatting, were immediately alerted by their five-year old daughter's loud cries. In the wink of an eye, Zola's tiny form came rushing in through the bedroom door and she hurled herself on the bed.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down, Princess! You'll hurt yourself," Derek warned as he wrapped an arm around his whirlwind daughter's waist to calm her down.

Zola giggled loudly as she settled herself on her father's lap and then looked up at both her parents. "Mommy, Daddy, look what I got!" she exclaimed enthusiastically as she held up her left hand and opened her fist to show them something.

Meredith and Derek both looked down at the object sitting on Zola's palm and their faces immediately broke out into wide grins.

"ZoZo, you lost your first tooth?" Meredith asked in an excited voice as she took in the small pearly white tooth sitting on Zola's tiny palm.

"Mmmhmm..." Zola nodded enthusiastically as she held up the tooth proudly in front of her parents.

"Princess, that's amazing!" Derek exclaimed as he hugged Zola tightly and placed a kiss on the top of her head. "You're becoming a big girl," he said, his heart swelling with a father's pride.

"Daddy, I already a big girl," Zola said and let out a giggle.

"Of course, you are, sweetie," Meredith said as she ruffled Zola's hair playfully.

"Soooooo, Mommy, when will the Tooth Fairy come?" Zola asked in her childlike voice filled with excitement.

Derek looked up at his wife in surprise and said, "ZoZo, how do you know about the Tooth Fairy? We didn't tell you about her..."

Zola slapped her head with her palm and said, "Oh, Daddy, you're so silly! Janice at school already losed her first tooth, and she told me all about the Tooth Fairy. She said that the Tooth Fairy left her four dollars," Zola said, jumping up and down on her father's lap. "I want the Tooth Fairy to come too! When will she come?"

Meredith giggled at her daughter's barely contained excitement and said, "Well, honey, the Tooth Fairy only comes at night, when we all are asleep. You have to place your tooth under your pillow and go to sleep, and then the Tooth Fairy will come and exchange your tooth for a gift."

Zola looked up at her mother in surprise and said, "You mean, she will take away my tooth?"

"Yes, Princess," Derek said with a solemn nod of his head.

"But, Daddy, what does the Tooth Fairy do with all the teeth she collects? What does she do with so many baby teeth?" Zola asked in an astonished voice, her childish curiosity taking over.

Meredith and Derek laughed at the surprised look on Zola's face and Derek answered, "Well, we don't exactly know what the Tooth Fairy does with all the teeth she collects. Some people say that she builds she builds The Tooth Fairy Village and The Tooth Fairy Castle with the teeth."

Zola's tiny nose scrunched up in confusion. "How does she build a castle with teeth?" she asked, her questions never-ending.

"I dunno. She probably uses the teeth like bricks and toothpaste like mortar, but I don't know. Some people say that she takes the baby teeth to her fairy lab and recycles them to make new, shiny adult teeth and gives them back to you," Derek explained to his curious little daughter.