-Two-

(Author's Note): Please remember to follow me, vote for my story, and comment if you want X3 THANK YOU very much <3

Raychel ---> 

Two

            A sharp pain shot through my heart as I went over my plan one last time in my head. All I have to do is walk into class and sit next to him like usual. If he’s there… I’ll strike up a conversation and keep it positive. If he changes the direction of the topic, look past it and try changing it back. Invite him to lunch with me and if he declines, ask if I can eat with him. Simple. Even though my plan was pretty flawless in my eyes, I still got this odd feeling that things wouldn’t go the way I had planned.

            I swallowed hard and adjusted my school uniform over my thin and tiny body. “I can do this.” I told myself as I messed with my hair until it fell perfectly into place. The red tie that was slung loosely around my neck matched my hair pretty closely. I loved how the uniform looked on me. The red and black was a good combination against my pale, lightly freckled skin.

            You’re avoiding school…

            The tiny voice in the back of my head snapped me back into place. I nodded to myself as I stumbled down the stairs, wiping under my eyes to clear any of the unwanted ‘guy-liner’ from my face. Father didn’t once glance at me as I walked out the front door, sighing quietly as it shut behind me.

            Waiting patiently on the front steps was Raychel. Her light brown hair was pulled up into a tight ponytail with a few strands falling over her eyes. Her uniform was similar to mine except she wore a red plaid skirt instead of nice black dress jeans. In her hands was an old book with a leather cover. She hadn’t noticed me yet. It took me a while to ask myself how she had even found my house in the first place, but I looked past it and shook my head. “Hey Ray…” I braced myself as a cool gust of wind brushed past my body and messed up my hair.

            “Hey there, pipsqueak.” She giggled and sprang to her feet, draping her arm around my shoulders effortlessly. She glanced back at the tiny apartment building that I lived in and smiled.

            The apartment I lived in looked like one of those street houses that you see in England or in a larger city where the houses are all pushed together with not much of a yard. We lived below a small family in apartment 402. The man who owned all of the apartments on the street had actually built most of them himself.

            Raychel carefully ruffled my hair before dragging me in the direction of school. “So Ray,” I began, shoving my hands deep into my jean pockets. “How long have you been waiting there anyways?” A small huff came right after I had spoken the last word.

            “Not too long. I arrived a few minutes before you came out.” She cocked her head slightly to the left as she smiled. “You have a very pretty house.”

            I chuckled, knowing that it wasn’t as pretty as hers and that she was only being nice. Even though her family wasn’t filthy rich like Nash’s was, they still owned a fairly large house. And if anything, the outside of my house was much prettier than the inside. That was for sure.

            We walked the rest of the way n silence, too tired to really say anything at all. Raychel had stopped at the gas station just down the street from my house and grabbed a coffee. I would have gotten one too but I hated the taste of coffee. It was too bitter for me, no matter how much creamer and sugar I had put in it.