Chapter 2

"WE are not getting married, Mr. Viliarde." Matigas na tutol ni Maureen sa kanyang sinabi.

Did he hear her say those words? Yes. But does he care? Absolutely not.

Hindi papayag si Leo na mag-resign si Maureen sa pwesto nito bilang kanyang sekretarya. Though, he has a lot of options--many are willing to fill her spot, many are fighting for it, pero ayaw niya.

Maureen is very professional in her job, she works efficiently and diligently; and most importantly, she doesn't flirt with him!

Though, it pisses him off most of the time dahil natatapakan ang kanyang ego, and she makes him question himself even though he really shouldn't, hindi niya maipagkakailang nag-iisa si Maureen, kaya't hinding-hindi niya ito papayagang mag resign.

Even if it needs for him to marry her, he will!

"Mr.Viliarde—" kaagad niyang pinutol ang sinasabi ni Maureen.

"Listen here, Maureen. I am in need of a professional secretary and you need to marry a guy for your son. I need you and you need me basically—"

"No offenses meant, Mr. Villiarde but I, in fact, do not need you. Thank you for the offer, but I can marry someone else." Kaagad nitong putol sa kanyang mga sinasabi. Talagang dini-inan pa nito ang pagsabi ng 'not' upang ipamukha sa kanya na hindi talaga siya nito kailangan.

He's not supposed to feel hurt by what she said, but he still did, and he didn't know why exactly.

Maureen approached his table and placed the resignation letter on top of it.

"If you won't accept my resignation email, then I brought this just in case. It's been a pleasure working with you for the past three years, Mr. Villiarde." She said and turned around. She was about to leave his office when something snapped inside him.

There's absolutely no way that he's just going to let her go just like that. Maureen is important to him—as a secretary. She should work for him until she's old and frail!

Bago pa man makalabas ng opisina niya si Maureen ay hinigit niya ang braso nito. He didn't mean to pull her that hard but he still did. Siguro'y dahil nag-pa-panic na siya, he doesn't really know.

Because of him suddenly pulling her arm, she almost lost her balance but he was quick to catch her before she landed on the cold, solid ground. Nangunot ang mga noo nito at sinamaan siya ng tingin nang biglang magtama ang kanilang mga mata.

It's only now that the two of them are so close to each other face to face. It's only now that their eyes met and he can finally see how brown her eyes are. His eyes then slowly landed on her lips. She's wearing a red lipstick that suits her overall style—it was simple yet very bold.

And for some reason, he just found himself being focused on looking at her lips the whole time.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Maureen quickly pushed him away and stood up properly.

"W-What's wrong with you Mr. Villiarde?!" tila natatarantang tanong ni Maureen sa kanya. He blinked a few times and cleared his throat.

"My apologies, I was—" Distracted because of your beautiful red lips, it was inviting me "—just trying to catch you." Sagot niya kay Maureen.

He cleared his throat once again and exhaled loudly.

"You're not leaving this company." Matigas niyang sabi rito to change the topic, "You cannot leave, I can... sue you—yes! I can do that! You still have an ongoing contract under this company—under me." Sabi niya rito. Nangunot lalo ang noo ni Maureen.