Chapter 11

"What is going on in here?" Pop asks once again as he walks inside the room and stands in front of the girls while he looks from one to another.

"I..." Kathleen begins but Amelia steps between her and Pop.

"We were poisoning your tea so I can kill the little monster that eats your books in here" Amelia speaks as she pulls the man away from Kathleen and walks him towards his chair.

"I have been complaining and moaning about the little rats walking around in here like they own the place and to kill them to you for the past few weeks but do you listen...no...

That is why I asked Kathleen to bring me the solution to kill them and we both know how it loves taking a dip in your cup of tea so I was plotting to kill them but putting the poison directly in your tea...

Brilliant idea, right?" Amelia grins proudly as she pats on his shoulder.

"Mia, how many times did I tell you not to play with dangerous things, for all I know you could end up drinking the tea yourself to check if it works or not" Pop sighs sadly.

"How did you know I was thinking so?" Amelia gasps before narrowing her eyes.

"Kathleen, please do not do anything this young lady asks from now on. Before we all know it she will only end up hurting herself," he sighs sadly before he pats on the arm of the chair for her to take and she does happily.

"Don't worry, I am not that stupid, but we really need to kill those rats what if they get the idea and want to eat me while I am asleep...

I always worry he will eat my fingers off if I am not careful" she pouts while Pop laughs at the girls statement.

"Okay, off you go I have something important to talk about with Kathleen" he requests as he pinches her cheeks and she pouts even more.

"No, I am taking Kathleen away from you, you need to rest and I am sure Nonna will love if she stayed tonight, you will right...

I am feeling a dire need to be in the company of someone closer to my age," she complains before she hurries to Kathleen's side and walks out of the door dragging her along.

"But..."

"No buts" Amelia shouts in return as Pop tries to stop her.

*******

"Oh my god" both the girls gasp as they both put their hands on their chest and sigh in relief.

"For a second I thought he would see right through my lie," Amelia states in relief.

"I still cannot believe you handled it all, no wonder you are his favorite grand daughter-in-law," Kathleen states in awe of the girl.

"I know right" she grins before she looks at Kathleen's way seriously.

"How did you know?" Kathleen asks the question that had been nagging her.

"I was on my way to your home when I heard your conversation with that man, I have been staying in the house from then on and it was killing me waiting on you...

Good thing I did" she smiles as they walk towards the room Amelia was staying in.

"So, you were not going to be angry at me about what I was going to do?" Kathleen asks as she looks at Amelia.

"Who am I to judge you? I know there must be a reason for you to do it even though I am curious as to why?" she shrugs her shoulder as she puts the bottle inside of the drawer.

"I am not the innocent, good girl in here Amelia, may be I am the bad one"

"Does that mean you killed Damien?"