First Tape

Four children, ranging from the ages of eleven to seventeen, sat. The slivers of moonlight that managed to get past the thick canopy of leaves above shined on the hard ground. They stared at what they held in their hands.

"It's one of those tape recorders back from the 20th and 21st century. I wonder if it still works." A boy asked.

"Well of course it still works clacker. If it didn't, I would know." A girl said, playfully shoving the boy with the tape.

"Let's listen to it. It could help us on our report about the old superheroes!" Another girl piped.

"Well, it won't help us with school work, but it will convince our parents to let us do something!" A different boy sounded.

"Turn it on Cral!" The first girl said to the boy with the tape.

"O-okay. Just don't blame me if it blows up." The boy with the tape defended. The boy clicked play. A voice came through.

"This is a recording by Adey Jacobsen-" The voice started. The boy immediately pressed pause.

"Guys. Guys. Guys! Adey Jacobsen touched this! Illusion touched this! Oh my gosh I'm having a heart attack!" The boy said, fanboying.

"Figures. Hit play."

Play was hit.

"This is a recordong by Adey Jacobsen and Joel Jacobsen. Please, keep the information you hear disclosed. This is the first of many recordings. Now, if you are listening, then you might not know about the Particle Accelerator explosion, so go look it up. It happened in 2013.
Anyways, people gained powers from it. My brother Joel and myself were both affected. We gained super powers and became meta-humans. We succsefully evaded capture and learned to control our abilities.
We stayed hidden in the shadows, not wanting to present ourselves until we were ready. Joel and I trained all the time, developing new abilities as time went on. We learned that Joel could see gamma radiation and microwaves. Not the type that heats things up. He could control rocks and fruit bats to do his bidding. He had the strength of eleven men and amazing stamina that he didn't have before.
Then there's me, Adey. I can cause illusions of any sort. I can become invisible, but it's very draining and so far, I can only do so for about thirteen minutes. My illusions can last up to twenty-seven hours. I have an incredibly fast metabilism, so I have to eat a lot more than I did before. I can manipulate noises, so long as the source wasn't human.
Joel and I train every night, and not just with our new powers. We fight. I would also like to clarify, we have been living in the woods for a few months. When we get close to the edge, we hear people think that the woods are haunted. That was just Joel and I training. Not paranormal activity. Anyways, I have to go. It's time to train with Joel now. He'll be talking later. Adey Jacobsen, out!"

This story takes place in the year 4567. Four children, Cral, Zyra, Minoka, and Hugo have discovered a tape recorder from 2019, with the adventures of two superheroes, Illusion and Light, recorded in it. The four children learn the truth about what really happened to life as we know it... What will they do with their newfound information?