Acknowledgements & License Notes

I hope you've enjoyed the book!

 · · · • • • · · ·

Acknowledgements

While working on this book, I ended up joking that it was jinxed. Every time someone had a turn at working on it (including me), something weird went wrong with that person—from computers breaking to life emergencies to phones no longer making or taking calls...

Thankfully, I'm not superstitious.

One particular friend of mine never was able to finish reading book one, which wasn't to her taste, but who gave me some of the best feedback I got for that book. When I told her I was wrapping this up, she blinked and asked "Already?"

"Already," though I was a good year behind when I'd originally wanted to finish it. Her question made me feel better.

I thank God for giving me such encouraging friends, I thank my friends for being encouraging, and I thank the folks who helped me with the Kickstarter campaign that gave me the funds to get the book prepped for POD. (Most of those funds were from Charles Mallory, but I also thank Helen Cooper, who both donated and kindly beta read for me when everyone else kept getting jinxed.) 

Thank you. Thank all of you.

· · · • • • · · ·

License Notes

This is a work of fiction. People, places, and events are made up; any that aren't made up have all been processed through the shredder of the author's imagination and therefore at best bear only superficial resemblance to their originals.

· · · • • • · · ·

All rights are reserved for this work. That means no, you may not make your own copy to share by e-mail, torrent, or file-sharing site; nor may you resell this story without authorization. However, you may refer your friends to this Wattpad version, quote from this version in your reviews, or post up to 7k words of this version on your own sites if you want to tease your friends with your favorite quotes or snippets.

Why the 7k-word cap? Because I'm not a lawyer and can't find any clear definitions of what percentage of a book counts as "fair use". This way, you know what I'm thinking as far as "fair use" definition, so you can post entire scenes, if you want. Just keep the 7k-word limit in mind. (And I got that number from 10% of approximate total word count, by the way.)

Thanks!

· · · • • • · · ·

Cover Designed by Misti Wolanski

photo © Elnur on Kozzi.com

Knights Quest font by Graham Meade

 · · · • • • · · ·

 • A FISTFUL OF EARTH is available for sale in e-book and print formats. Links to purchase it can be found at http://bit.ly/showcase-AFoE (click the little "External Link" URL in the right sidebar). You can also search for it on Amazon or your preferred vendor.

 • The sequel, A FISTFUL OF WATER, is currently available on Wattpad in first draft format (http://www.wattpad.com/story/4631822) AND in-progress in final draft format.