Chapter 3

Tyler is her boyfriend, the only boy she loves and the only boy she's planning to love.

See, it all started when they met in pre-school. At first, Savannah honestly thought he was stuck up. He always played jokes on people and talked like the world revolved around him. But when she formally met him, she realized that he was super sweet and really loved people. He always watched over his friends and family as if they were his children. The more she saw him, the more she grew on the fact of how nice and friendly he was. Even better, he lived right across the street from her. As the more time went on, the more friendly they became.

When she was in 6th grade and he was in 7th, they fell in love. That's when Tyler asked her out on a date, and her wishes came true. Since years before they've been spying on each other, and asking themselves if the other liked them. On December 2, she remembers him coming up to her and asking her, while blushing a little, if she would like to go on a date. She smiled and hugged him, "Of course", then she blushed.

A year and a half later, he was forced to move from California to Destine, Florida for his father's job. It was quite the move but one that Savannah was willing to make. She was really devastated about him moving, and thought that she might never see him again, but when her parents found out about her depression and bad grades, they figured that they'd surprise her with moving next door to him. Which means they would pay his neighbor to move to another house with all of their belongings.

See, Savannah's parents had a lot of money, but Tyler's had less than her because his dad didn't usually make much. Although, her mom's pay was quite good, better than both of her parents' jobs. But that didn't matter to her, she just wanted to be with him.

So, the next month, they suprised her by moving, telling her they got a treehouse in the forest. Usually she would be jumping with joy. When she was a child, she'd always wished she's live in one, but all she said was, "I don't care as long as I'm near him. We could live in the sewer for all I care, but it has to be near him.", and it was true.

When they were getting close to Destine, Florida, they told her to close her eyes or play a game and don't look up. To her, this meant it would be a surprise. So she excitedly played games while patiently waiting until they stopped driving.

Savannah was impatient of waiting, but tried to keep her self in line. Suddenly, the stopped. Anxiety filled her and she desperately wanted to look up but she forced her eyes on the phone in front of her.

"You can look up now" her mom excitedly announced.

When she looked up she couldn't believe her eyes. This wasn't a forest at all, this was a regular neighborhood. Modern. All modern houses.

Why did they bring me here? she wondered.