8. Facing Facts

(The girl I just dedicated this chapter to its amazing. On this book I don't give dedications or shout outs unless someone really deserves it and believe me she really does, she makes me. Happy about my writings and that's all I ask for. She also dedicated one of her great books, she didn't have to, but she did and I'm just returning the favor, and she already has a shoutout on my other book. Follow her and check out one of her books, she has a huge writing future coming her way.)

Original Published Date: 12 November 2015

-edited-

James POV

They rushed as many kids to the hospital as they could. Aaron almost cried at the sight of Taylor, but she's okay, she's in better condition than Estelle, anyway.

Estelle is awake and under anesthesia, so she'll be okay. Right now the nurses are tending to her. "Where Jamie?" She asks, I knowingly stand up. "Hi, James, is I okay?" She asks.

"You have a head concussion, four cracked ribs, broken leg, three broken fingers, and you might have to have surgery on your knee." I tell her with a heavy frown.

"Wow, that must really hurt... are you okay?" She asks.

"I'm not the one that's hurt, you are." I laugh, that laughing gas is making her seem like a little kid.

"Oh, okay, but I don't feel anything." She squinted her eyes and looked herself. "Oh, I'm a wreck, look at me." She raised her hand with the broken fingers and pointed to her leg.

"Here's four pain pills give her one every two hours." The nurse informed me.

"Ms.Lady. I don't need pain pills. I'm a werewolf, so I'll heal quickly." Estelle smiled and the nurse looked at her weird.

"It's the laughing gas." I cover for her. She nodded her head slowly and wearily. "She reads Twilight and wishes she's a werewolf to be with Jason." I say.

"Jacob, and no I don't! The books and movies are soooo feminine to our kind I ju-" I placed my hand over her mouth and made a crazy sign around my ear, she nodded her head weirdly and left.

"You can't just tell everyone you're a werewolf, hunters live around the area. Really Essy!" I whisper yelled.

"Have I ever told you, you look so cute, but cuter when you mad so you don't intimidate me ever. You so handsome." She giggled and tried to reach for her phone, which was shattered and destroyed.

"You need some sleep, Estelle." I slide my hand down her hair.

"Mm-okay. Are you gonna to stay here?" She asks.

"Ya. I'm gonna stay here."

"Ya know you look like that cute guy from High School Musical, Troy Bolton."

"Sure I do, now get some rest."

"Wanna know a secret, I like you, not like my brother. I wanted to tell you, buuut I was with Aaron, and he makes me happier. Nighty night, Jamie." She rolled over to her side and went to sleep.

It's just the laughing gas. I keep telling myself. Just the laughing gas.

-7 hours later-

"James? You awake?" She whispers.

I wasn't, but now I am. "Oh, uh, ya you okay?" I ask her.

"I don't know, I'm still in pain, and my back hurts." She grunts.

"You're okay, your back is just bruised a little." I picked up the chair I was in and moved it closer to her bed.

"I have a headache." She groans and, then she looks around. "Where's Taylor?" She asks worriedly.

"Taylor's fine."

"Let me guess, Aaron hasn't stopped by." She covered her face with her hand.

"A couple hours ago, but then he went," I had to think fast whether I should tell her or not, "he went home."

"Oh, I'm surprised he showed up at all. Have you seen Ethan?" She asks.

"Nah, I hadn't seen Ethan."

"Eh what are my conditions?"

"I told you last night."

"No you didn't. The last thing I remember was the nurse lady saying 'we are going to give you anesthesia, so you will be out for a while, now count to ten' and when I woke I saw you."

"So you don't remember anything from last night?"

"Nope... wait! Did I say something stupid!?"

~Flashback~

"Wanna know a secret, I like you, not like my brother. I wanted to tell you, buuut I was with Aaron, and he makes me happier. Nighty night, Jamie."

~Reality~

I had to think about it. "Uh, you called me Jamie." I say, choosing not to say anything else.

"That's weird."

"You don't know the half of it." I laughed. But the peace was soon destroyed by an exasperated Aaron who came running through the doors.

"Speaking of the devil." Estelle growls. She then looked at me. "I feel sorry for Taylor, her birthday is tomorrow and she's going to have to spend it in the hospital." I frown.

"Ya, look on the bright side, you'll be home next week for your birthday." I smile, and she smiled back.

Aaron cleared his throat and I lowly growled, earning a weird look from both of them. "Uh, can I talk to her for a moment?"

"Su-"

"I'm afraid you'll have to wait, we called her parents an-"

"Parent!" Estelle yelled, I forgot she was getting a headache.

"Her mom, and dad she gave us the okay to give her knee surgery," the nurse said, "we're going into the procedure in a hour and within that time she'll be high off of the anesthesia." She said, while two men pulled in the monitor in the room, you'll have to wait.

"Ah, great." She groaned, then they grabbed the mask as they lifted her head to cover her face.

It took about fifteen minutes then she was knocked out. Then Aaron came to me. "I told Taylor's parents, everything."

"Why?"

"I felt they needed to know."

"How'd they react?" I ask.

"Her mom was happy, but her dad, not so much."

"Was she sleep?"

"Ya, she was sleep. I never noticed how gorgeous she looked when she slept."

"Don't go 'tweety tweety im in love and I'm going to be peotic' I will slap the shit out of you if you do that."

He threw his hands up in surrender and took a couple steps back. "I won't go 'poetic', when you find your mate, you're going to be the same way. It'll change you." Then he just left the room.

"Ya, that won't be anytime soon." I whisper quietly sitting back into my chair.