Chapter 1 | Surfaced

n o t e :

there are important notices regarding this book entirely :

for those of you who don't know, I wrote this chapter back in early 2016. I revised it immensely,, not only this chapter in paticular but the plot, and my writing also

to old readers, I'm sorry if this isn't what you expected

but to be quite frank, I prefer the way I write this more compared to the previous one - I'm not forging you too also,, but I do hope it doesn't disappoint and you liked it just as much, or even more so than before!!

That being said, enjoy loves.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

C H A P T E R 1 :

S   U   R   F   A   C   E   D

FALLING IN LOVE IS LIKE skydiving with no parachute strapped on your shoulders.

It sounds downright frightening at first -- but similar to most things that is in life, it didn't take much for it to happen inevitably.

As the matter of fact, before you could even process it; as you feel the wind tickling your pores and how the stars seeps through your veins, the infinity of it all like time itself comes to a stand-still and all you know is the warmth of his hands and how close it is to home - you're already there. Tettering on the edge of the plane with one foot out of the door.

A little bit of push before you tumble.

And when you're falling that fast and so incredibly hard, you have two available options: to close your eyes and feel, or to scream on top of your lungs, be sick, and lapse into catatonia - no other inbetween.

Back then, I chose to close my eyes.

And in doing so, the feel of being invincible coursed through me, zapping me alive, making me feel so much, too much - and when it came to that, it made me believe the ability to un-learn gravity and fly, to build castles on clouds and dine with the moon.

Some people succeed, like Aunt Mary and Uncle Jay.

But more often than not, you ended up falling.

I fell.

Because he told me dreams are meant to be caught, not kept.

But that doesn't make it hurt any less than it is.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IT WAS SOMETIME LATER THAT AFTERNOON I realized my mistake covering for Jack.

Truth was, I could've stayed home, watching another episodes of The Flash while eating a decently made tuna sandwich ( and finishing with a bowl of chocolate chips ice cream I bought yesterday while falling asleep preferably two hours after ). It was a nice plan. A steady one. Not great, but one that are full-proof. And as far as it goes, full-proof plan are good. Not better, but just are enough.