You're Anything But Ordinary

The next couple of days were a drag. I didn't know how to tell Brad how I felt and day by day I got more and more convinced that it wouldn't do anything good to tell him. Maybe he would think it was too soon for us to have 'the talk' and he would go back to his old ways. In all the time I've known him, which is not long, I've only seen him smoke one or two times. Something tells me that he used to do it a lot more. His partying has been limited and I don't really see him hanging out with his 'gang' of stupid and mean people anymore. Maybe he really has changed? Or maybe I'm just clueless to what he's doing when I'm not around? There is a bad thing to all of this though. The beatings have been more frequent. He stays with me most of the day but he has to come home at some point and that's when all hell break loose. I've tried persuading him into taking me with him but he declines every time trying to convince me that nothing will happen. And the next day he has new bruises. I don't know what to do? I found out his stepfather is a lawyer. If I tell anyone he will sue my ass and it will not get pretty. I'm just so scared on Brad's behalf. It's not healthy to get beaten up that much. He needs to get out of that house.

His passion for music is also growing. On Tuesday I heard him play the piano for the first time and it was amazing. He's really talented. I'm trying to convince him that he's good enough to make it in the music business because he really is. He has everything. He's talented, looks hot, he has the passion and he has a reputation. Everyone knows him. He just needs to know that it's worth a shot. He needs to know that he's worth it.

-

School was just about to end after a long run in the forest with Brad in P.E. Things are a bit awkward between Aaron and I but I still talk to him. He's happy for me and I feel so bad for him. I think I was so scared of admitting my feelings for Brad that I stuck to Aaron. I feel like such a bitch now but Aaron seems to be okay. "Meet you by my car?", Brad asked as we came to the school where everyone was about to hit the showers. "Yea". He smiled and ran to the guys' changing room and as I was on my way to shower also I walked straight into Aaron. "S-sorry I didn't s-see you", I stuttered out my apology as the coward I am. "It's okay Clara". He smiled down at me and instantly I wanted to apologize to him a million times for everything. "How are you", I asked, my voice tiny. "I'm okay. Just been skateboarding and stuff. Focusing on school. What about you?". I looked at the grass beneath me and started to play with my fingers. "I'm okay. J-just trying to deal with everything". "Is everything okay between you and Brad? You seem kind of distant from him". He sounded worried which was weird. "Are you sure you want to talk to me about that?". "Clara I don't blame you. You can't force someone into liking you", he answered and smiled a bit. "I'm so sorry Aaron", he pulled me into his chest and hugged me tightly. I missed his hugs. "It's okay Clara. Now tell me what's wrong". I looked up at him and he had a genuine smile on his face. I sighed before starting to explain myself. "Brad said he would never love me. Or he didn't say it to my face, but I heard him telling his sister". Aaron didn't say anything and I continued. "A-and I don't know what to do. I didn't expect him to love me right now but sometime in the future maybe? But where is this relationship going if he will never love me?". A tear unwillingly slipped from my eye and down my cheek. Aaron wiped it away and kissed the top of my head. "I think you should tell him. Talk it out with him. He's always been the bad boy Clara you know that. Maybe he's just trying to hold on to that?". He did have a point. If he still saw himself as a bad boy maybe, he thought love was for losers? "Y-you think so?". He nodded and I smiled hugging him even tighter. "But I think we should let go now since Brad is standing right over there with an angry look on his face", Aaron whispered and I looked to my side where Brad was standing tapping his foot angrily down in the pavement. "Thank you Aaron. You always know what to say". I broke free from our hug and waved before walking to where Brad was standing. "What the hell are you doing?", Brad asked angrily running a hand through his hair as I reached him. "I just had a talk with Aaron", I said shocked at his angry state. "And you had to hug him? Couldn't you just say what you had to say and then walk away?". Was he jealous? "B-Brad I just needed to ask him something. Nothing happened", I whispered reaching out for his hand. He sighed before taking it. "What did you ask him". I started to blush at his question. I couldn't tell him now. No that was too soon. "I-it was nothing. J-just a homework thing", I stuttered out. "I'm just going to take a bath at home let's go". I turned around starting to walk to his car. I hope he doesn't find out that I only have P.E with Aaron and that we don't have homework.