two.

Teacher conferences weren't on my list of things I liked to attend.

The room was piled high with every teacher in the school, and I almost found myself wanting to bang my head against the large polished table until my skull was cracked. I sighed heavily as the time ticked by and our supervisor hadn't even entered. Not only did I not want to be here, but Maryann managed to score a spot beside me, leaving me gagging from the pepper smell of her perfume. I wasn't able to get a goodnights sleep last night and that had me on edge. I was thrown off my game as one of the most organized teachers in this school because I couldn't stop thinking about my angel. I downed two cups of coffee in hopes that it would wake me up, but I found myself dozing off at the table. What exactly was this meeting for anyways?

I couldn't remember much from the two hours Principal Brown spent speaking. I can only remember pushing Maryann's hand off of my thigh and spending most of my time trying to stay awake and pay attention. As I gathered my things and began walking through the parking lot and toward my car, I could hear the clicking of heels behind me. I sighed as the same pepper smell filled my nose and my stomach churned. Maryann. "What do you want?" I sighed as I stopped at my car and turned around to see her hopeful face. The resemblance between her and my angel wasn't there at all. I was convinced then that Everett was adopted and that made me feel much better inside. I rolled my eyes impatiently as Maryann dug through her purse. Her wrinkled, orange skin creased and her chin doubled as she put the straps between it and dug deeper for whatever it was that she was struggling to give me.

"I'm going to be leaving this school, Harry," She said. I almost jumped for joy right in front of her face. I wasn't sure I was hearing correctly and my heartbeat sped up like it usually does when I hear something that causes me to be overly excited. I couldn't fake a sad smile in front of her. This was the best news I've gotten since I moved to this school two years ago. "Everett suggested that we throw a little going away party the day before we move," she smiled sadly. The huge shit-eating grin on my face decreased to a full on frown and I could feel it. My baby was moving. She was leaving this school--she was leaving me. I could no longer think properly as I stood there frozen in front of Maryann. My heart continued to speed up, but I wasn't happy. I was crushed. My hands shook lightly as I took the wrinkled paper from her hands, and my head started to pound with every second I spent staring at the invitation for their going away party. "We hope to see you there," she smiled sadly before walking away.

I crushed the paper in my hands and quickly unlocked my car, throwing my things into the backseat and running over to the drivers side. I took a deep breath to calm my racing heart, but it didn't work. I frowned as I unraveled the paper in my grasp and took another look at it. The words were pink and frilly, sprawled across the top of the white printing paper. My throat burned with the frustrated scream I had to gulp down. I couldn't believe this. I didn't want to.

I drove home quickly and didn't bother doing my daily routine of eating dinner and watching a few episodes of an extremely horrible sitcom that made me laugh, nonetheless. I dove into my blankets and buried my face into my pillows and sighed heavily. It wasn't until then, when the thought of her leaving really sank in, that I realized I had to do something to keep her here with me. I hadn't even gotten to know her yet. I hadn't even gotten a chance to see my angel in all her glory and explore her untouched skin. And Maryann thought she was going to take her away from me? My stomach churned with disgust and my body burned with anger. I gripped onto my blankets and clenched my jaw, sudden thoughts of running Maryann over with my car coming to mind. No doubt it was her fault why they were suddenly moving, and I had just gotten used to the thought of seeing her around if it meant I'd see my angel, too.

---------------------

Saturday had approached quickly and I didn't know what to think. I hadn't seen Everett in school all week and Maryann hadn't been in work either. I dressed myself in something simple just to see my princess for what they believe is the last time, but it won't be. Even as a young boy, I was always a quick thinker. I came up with brilliant plans that worked in full effect the way I wanted them to. I smirked as I made my way toward the Maxwell home. I wasn't nervous at all that things wouldn't work in my favor. I had Maryann in the palms of my hands already. I just had to think out a way to approach her.