Chapter Forty Three

Author's Chapter Notes:

"You are the exact same person I fell in love with"

---

Lucy's P.O.V.

"I should still be mad at you but I can't" I sighed, sitting on the couch in front of the Tv. It's been a couple of days since the last time I had spoken to my mum and it was killing me to ignore her as much as it was killing her.

"Lucy.." she began but I raised my hand, telling her to stop.

"I know you have your reasons for doing what you did and I'm here to listen to them. Don't go all dramatic and start hugging me because I still haven't forgiven you. I just need to hear your side of the story" my stare was cold and hard but right now I had no choice but to show her how serious and hurt I was.

She nodded, sitting more properly on the other couch and turning a little to have a better look at me.

"When David, your father left us I was devastated." She looked down, I could see a few tears forming. She is still suffering, even after all those years. How come I never notice this? Was I so selfish? Was I too caught up in my world to actually see what my mother was going through? Now I felt guilty. All I wanted was to walk up to her and hug her but I contain myself.

"I never answered his phone calls which started after a year or so. I thought I could raise you on my own." She sniffed, her eyes flickering up to look in mine. "Then he showed up eight years ago, asking for a divorce, something about starting a new life...I don't really remember.." she trailed off.

I nodded, I knew he got remarried and has already two sons. I have two step brothers.

"I agreed because honestly I had no feelings for him after doing what he did to you and me. I told him not to come near you again because I thought that was what's best for you. I was so angry back then, I was thinking only myself" she shook her head, biting down on her lip. "I'm so sorry Lucy" she then started sobbing, my heart breaking farther at the sight of her.

She seemed so weak so fragile, crying there, in front of me, looking hopeless.

I bit my lip, standing up and walking to where she was sitting. I sat next to her, still looking her as she had her head buried in her hands and was crying endlessly.

"You know..." I started saying, her face rising to see me. She was surprised I was even sitting so near to her. "I don't blame you. I would have probably done the same if I were you." I said, a small smile appearing on her face. I sighed, staring down at the floor. "Just give me some time to think all these through"

She nodded, whipping her cheeks. "Yeah, sure. Take as much time as you need. I will always be here"

"I know, thank you" I gave her a smile but stood immediately up when she tried to hug me. I still need time.

***

"I'm glad you called" Justin smiled the moment I opened the door of his expensive Range Rover, getting in.

"I'm glad you came" I returned the smile, shutting close the door behind me.

"You look...." Justin trailed off, looking me up and down as he run his tongue across his lips, his eyes finally stop to stare in mine.

My face heated up. I looked away. "Thanks" I mumbled uncomfortable although he didn't say a word, I knew it would be some cheesy shit or so.

Justin cleared his throat, starting the engine. "Are you sure about this? I mean are you ready?" he turned to look at me, his eyes full of concern.