Evil Double-Crossing Swine! - A deal gone bad Gonzo trip #2

Gonzo trip #2

When the phone rang I was a bit surprise. They called back quicker then I had expected. Then again it doesn't take long to make a few phone calls when everybody's response is "I got nothing." I was even more surprised when my buddy Rick showed me the thumbs up while he continued to talk on the phone. It looked like this thing may be a go after all. Finally things were looking good.

Things had been good for a while. We would get some calls from friends looking for pills, once it looked like we had a couple hundred lined up we would call our guy who usually had 2 or 3 more guys waiting. He would go around and collect the money, drive out and pick up a thousand pills. Then we would meet somewhere so he could count out our order. We usually only paid about $10 per pill and then would sell the ones that were already lined up for $11 - $15. What was left would usually get us thru another week or two and by that point everything was ready to go again. Then everything went dry about 2 weeks ago. It turns out this shit was coming from Israel. A couple of weeks ago a shipment of computer manuals from an Israeli company was being inspected by customs at Logan Airport. There was like 20 boxes, and 19 of them felt like they were packed full of books, just like the shipping manifest stated. However, one of the 20 felt much lighter. Well Mr."If I work real hard and brown nose the boss maybe I'll get a promotion and a raise" customs agent decided this needed some looking in to. Turns out that curiously light box was full of 50,000 hits of pure MDMA. Needless to say that caused a very quick shortage in the supply of ecstasy. Well fast forward a couple of weeks and here we are with a shitload of people looking for pills, and us calling our guy daily to find out what the hell is going on. Finally it looks like a ray of hope as poked through. Besides the shitty crank I had been doing the last week didn't compare to a nice E roll and I was ready to get back to the good stuff.

My buddy hangs up the phone.

"So what's the plan?"

"Should be the usual cost, but he doesn't think we'll be able to get more than 200. He has a few details to work out but we should be able to meet him down in Mattapan tonight"

"Well, 200 should be a good start, I think I'm gonna eat 3 tonight just to chill while I get this crank out of my system. Hell, we can sell this stuff for $25 each and it will still be gone in a day."

I hopped on the Red Line to go to my apartment and get the money. I also needed a drink. Rick enjoyed his weed, but that shit just makes me paranoid which isn't a good combination after doing crank for two days. I've had 3 hours of sleep at best. Work had been hell today, but I figured I would stop at the packie on the corner by my house get a pint of vodka, go home and drop off the rest of my crank, mix my drink, grab the money, then head back down to Fields Corner. It would be crowded on a Friday afternoon rush hour train, but should only take about an hour and a half.

I got back to Rick's house around 6:30.

He looked pleasantly toasted, "Dude, you look like crap. Maybe you should get some sleep."

"Sleep, sleep this is no time for sleep! What's the plan, besides how can you even tell how I looked your eyes are so damn squinty! How the hell can you see anything?"

I took out what remained of the pint of vodka I had bought, and started looking for something to mix it with.

"So we have about 2 hours to kill then were gonna meet him at the McDonald's over on Blue Hills. I'm gonna order some food you want anything?"

"Fuck, are you kidding me?! We're gonna sit around waiting for him there! Yeah, will just fit right in. Nobody will notice us sitting around there for an hour. Do you have any soda or OJ or anything I can mix this with?"