Chapter 2

Chapter 2
----------
Liam ran a hand through his hair, "Okay how about this. We'll deal with you two later. We have unfinished business to take care of."
"Not with him. "
What was wrong with me!?
"Excuse me.", Liam raised an eyebrow.
"You've done enough already, you've proved your point.", I looked him straight in the eyes.
What the hell! I'm going to be dead before I'm eighteen!
" Fine. ", Liam tightened his jaw.
"But, you're dealing with him. Once we've finished I'll deal with you. ", he slowly let me slide off the car.
"Okay. I'll see you then."
Where did that confidence come from? I never acted like that. I just willingly signed up for my own impending death. How stupid could I get?
"I'll see you then. " I heard Liam say from behind us.
STUPID!
------------
"Oh dear! What happened?",Nurse Lee asked with motherly concern in her voice.
"We found him in the hallway. I think he got beat up pretty badly. He hasn't said much. "
The lie rolled of my tongue easily , like I had done it many times before. What was happening to me? I never lied and here I was lying straight in Nurse Lee's face! What is wrong with me today? I've been acting out of character, doing things I would normally never do. Like trying to skip skipping , standing up to Liam, and lying.
"Here I'll take him. You two just sit there I'll get to you once I'm done dealing with him."
" Fine but, you're dealing with him. Once we've finished I'll deal with you."
That's exactly what Liam had said. When was he going to be finished with his "unfinished"business ? He wasn't going to just come after me he was going to hurt AnaLee too. Why didn't she run while she had a chance? Now, she's stuck waiting with me.
"Here you go dears. " , Nurse Lee handed us each a purple slip of paper.
The hallways were quiet and deserted when we walked out of the nurse's office. I felt like Liam was going to pop out at any second and kill me and LeeAnn. I screamed has I felt an arm drag me into the girls bathroom. When I finally settled down I realized it was LeeAnn that dragged me not Liam. She had an angered look on her face has she paced across the bathroom's tiles.
"What was that!? You lied to Nurse Lee! you never lie!"
"I had too! What did you want me to say!? Hey, Nurse Lee I found this boy getting beat up by Liam Endorso can you help him?"
"Yes! That's exactly what you should have said!"
"That would only make him angrier and it wouldn't stop him from coming after us!"
After about thirty minutes of the two of us fighting the bell rang for fourth period. We both agreed that we would talk about the subject later. I know that AnaLee would yell at me for even thinking about confronting Liam,but I had to do it. I didn't want him to hurt her for my stupidity. If I hadn't gotten curious we would both be unknown classmates to Liam and not his targets.
I didn't regret it though because we had saved that boy. I don't know how far Liam would have gone if we didn't interrupt him. From the sound of it Liam was only fighting the boy because he called him stupid. What would he do to me for yelling at him? What would he do to AnaLee for witnessing it?
"Amelia, if you wouldn't mind, I would like you to switch seats with Andrew."
I hated how teachers would always phrase a command into a question. It's like they were trying to trick you into thinking you had a choice. Of course I had to agree though because I was already on someone's hit list. So, I nodded and sat in Andrew's seat.
Class went by quickly and I was dreading meeting AnaLee at my locker. I wanted to forget about everything that happened today. I wanted to pretend that I wasn't scared of every boy that had dark brown hair now. Why couldn't I have yelled at a normal none scary bully? Then again every bully was considered scary.
"I haven't seen him since the parking lot."
I looked at her with wide eyes,"How can you be painting your nails when Liam is after us!?"
She shrugged,"I'm distracting my myself."
It couldn't be that easy to forget could it?
AN:
>>>>> ON HOLD <<<<<
Check out my other books instead?
-More Than Friendship
-The Good One
-Challenging My Skills
-My Point of View
-How About This?
-118
-Reputations
-What Kind of Girl Is She?
-Being Normal (1)
-The Protectors-"Not Yet"
-Do I Look Stupid To You!?
- The Girl in Chains