Another Side

Chapter Fifteen

The coffee shop was filled with people as it usually was, but since they had already ordered their various hot drinks, no one was queueing for a hot drink. Cate was carefully wiping the coffee maker down when a dark haired boy entered through the door. She turned around as she heard the bell on the top of the door tinkle.

"Hi, welcome to - oh, it's you Zach Nav."

"How come I don't get a proper coffee shop welcome?" He gave her a small smile, "Long time no see. Well, I sometimes see you when I'm on my way to work and when I go home, but I haven't had the chance to talk to you. You were gone for a while."

"Yeah, I was in a hospital," Cate began preparing a hot chocolate for him.

"What? Why?"

"Blood gushing everywhere, the kind of blood that can't be covered with by a simple plaster."

"Sounds nasty, but you're alright now?"

"Hurts in some places still, but yeah, I'm doing fine, back to work. Here you go, a hot chocolate." Zach tries to hand her some money, "No need, I've paid for you already."

"You've got to stop buying my hot chocolate for me."

"Why? I've always got the £2.15 for when you come in," She taps the front pocket of her apron, "And you buy me stuff as well, it's not like you just get free stuff." Zach began carefully scooping the foam of the top of his hot chocolate.

"But they're all reduced stuff," He stares intently at the hot chocolate.

"You're still spending money on me, though, you were the one that first bought me something. And you are basically one of the few friends I have. And speaking of friends, why don't you bring your friends down to here one day, I can buy them drinks."

"Daniel is still slightly scared of you, but everyone else is cool with you."

"In my defence, he called me a 'hoe' first and I didn't really hurt him, just his pride." Zach laughed.

"Are you free after work today?"

"Not really, I've got to go and cook dinner for someone."

"Are you sure you can't spare 10-20 minutes? I even got doughnuts especially today as a 'welcome back' gift."

"I'll see, let me text him."

"Him?"

"Yes, it's a guy. I made a deal with him that I would cook him dinner for a week if he got me somewhere."

"And here's me thinking that I was pretty much the only guy friend you had."

"Keywords: pretty much. And he isn't really a friend, he's just a convenient person to know, why would I be friends with someone that's basically double, if not triple my age?" Zach began choking and spluttering as she said this.

"Triple your age?"

"Okay, more like two-and-a-quarter-ish times my age."

"Somehow that doesn't make it any better. He doesn't get you anywhere dodgy does he?"

"Depends what you class as dodgy." Zach stared at her, she looked at him back, unfazed, "Don't worry, I can take care of myself. And he isn't dodgy he's a doctor and ex-Army Doctor.

"Oh, phew. Wait how did you come into contact with this doctor?"

"Hospital."

"Ah, makes sense. So are you able to make it?" That was the end of that topic.

"I'll text him now."

I'm going to be 15-30 minutes late today, hope you don't mind. :/

-Cate

--

"Mary, dinner's going to be a bit late today, Cate's got something to do."

"That poor girl's still cooking dinner for us?"

"Today's her last day. And she agreed to it, it's not like I forced her."

"Well, at least I get to meet her now. All this time, she's been cooking for us, then leaving before I even see her. What is she like?"

"She's different. Sherlock doesn't enjoy the fact that she isn't easy to read. Well, he doesn't say that, but I'm assuming."

"Has Sherlock really not found anything about her past?"

"No, he even asked Mycroft for files, but they were all very vague."

"She sounds interesting."

"Yeah, she is."

--

The doorbell rang,

"I'll get it, John," Mary got up and went to the door, "Is that you Cate?"

"Yes it's me," The door swung open and Cate was smiling, "Hi, you must be - " Cate froze mid-handshake and whispered, "A.G.R.A." 

--

HEY GUYS, I'M SLOWLY GETTING BETTER, HOPEFULLY, AT UPDATING. YEAH I'VE BEEN HELLA BUSY WITH EXAMS AND I HAVE A GEOGRAPHY TEST COMING UP AND A PIANO EXAM. BUT ONCE THESE EXAMS ARE DONE I PROMISE UPDATES SHOULD BE MORE REGULAR. AND SORRY FOR THE REALLY BAD AND FILLER CHAPTERS HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL GET MORE INTERESTING FOR YOU.

LATERZ!

anonymouse8