Part 16

'hey babe. Come listen to this song I've been working on!' Harry excitedly yelled at you from his music room. 'coming!' you hollered back at him. You made your way to the only soundproof room on the premises. 'hi, my love.' you said as you walked up behind him and kissed him on the cheek. 'sit. I want to sing to you.' he instructed you. ' do the boys know about this song?' you asked. 'no, just me and well you're about to if you ever hush and let me play it for you.' he said. 'okay,okay. Point taken. I'll be silent, you sing.' you said.

He grabs a keyboard and starts singing a song, you knew now was called Don't Let Me Go. It seemed he was nearing the end of the song when he just stopped playing. 'is that it?' you asked. 'I need a final line and I was hoping you could help me out. Maybe?' he said sheepishly. 'sure.' you responded. 'how about cause I'm tired of sleeping alone?' you suggested. 'perfect' he said as he sloppily added the phrase to the lyrics that sat in from of him.

'y/n, say you'll never let me go and I'll never let go of you.' he insisted. ' how could I let go of you? You're an amazing catch.' you responded. 'I'll never let you go. I love you.' he told you. 'I'll never let you go and I love you too.' you told him.

It was the first time you two had said those three words to each other and you knew that the statement was genuine from both sides. Little did you know I love you didn't men forever in Harry's book.....

*present*

You should be happy right? It was the night before you were to marry your best friend. Then why did you feel like crap and couldn't sleep even though it was nearly two o'clock in the morning. You did the only thing you could think to. You called a cab and went to the hotel where the boys were staying. You got the receptionist to tell you what room he was in and got a key card. You thanked her and continued onto the elevator.

You stood in front of his hotel room. You slid the key in the lock and quietly opened the door. You saw his figure in the bed across the room. You made sure to make minimal noise as you walked across the carpeted room until you were right beside where he lay.

'we need to talk.' you told him, as you touch his broad, sleeping shoulder. He woke up in a started daze. The first thing you saw was his gorgeous green eyes that caused you to fall for him in the first place. 'okay.' his low voice said in a sleepy tone. 'let's take a walk, Harry.' you told your former boyfriend.

He threw a pair of sweatpants and a pair of Nikes on before joining at the door to exit his room. 'so you couldn't sleep either?' he asked. 'not a wink.' you said. You both entered the elevators and were headed down to the lobby. 'it's nearly your big day. terrified yet?' he questioned as the elevator open showing the same lobby you'd been in just moments later.

You remained silent trying to remain instep with Harry all the way out the hotel doors, which was quite a daunting task. You could feel his eyes on you but didn't feel the need to bring it up. 'okay, what's really going on y/n?' he finally pipped up and said about ten minutes later as he stepped in front of you. 'what do you mean, Harry?' you asked him.

'cut the crap, y/n, would ya!' he shouted. You turned away and look down at the ground you both stood on. 'hey.' he said softly, grabbing your chin, making you look up at him. ' I just know better. I'm not exactly the first person you'd come to at two in the morning to just take a nice little stroll with. I didn't mean to yell out, but serious. what's going on?' he said. You could tell from his voice he cared, so you decided it was time for you to be upfront with him.

'so let me get this out of the way to start off. I know I have terrible timing, so let's just get that out of the way. okay?' you said. 'okay'' he said.

'well I was laying awake thinking and the melody of Don't Let Me Go got stuck in my head and well I remembered back to when we were working on that song together and how we said we'd never let each other go, but then just a few months later you went and cheated on me with Caroline at Grimshaw's birthday party and I wasn't supposed to be there but I came anyways and I saw how you two were hanging onto each other and how you kissed her with so much passion and I just had to leave and get away so you didn't see me cry. I didn't run back to my flat, or yours. Do you know who's flat I ran back to that night, Harry, do you?' you asked him, he nodded no.