Internal Affairs - The end

Summary: After the IA's investigation is over, Deeks asks Kensi to leave him alone to think.

Characters: Kensi Blye, Marty Deeks

It was killing her that she wasn't with him now. She wanted to be by his side. He was all broken and tired and angry. He had spent the last two days in a cell, being dragged from one interrogation room to the other, being treated as if he was the worst criminal, being accused of a crime he didn't commit. He had asked her to leave him alone. He needed some time on his own to think.

She was sitting on her couch. The TV was on playing the night news but she hadn't listened to a word the reporter had said. She was staring at the wall, lost in her thoughts. Suddenly, they were interrupted by her ringing phone. She jumped off the couch and ran to the kitchen where she had left her phone, hoping it was Deeks. But to all her disappointment, it was her mum. She had heard what had happened so she called her daughter for details and to see how she was doing.

After they hung up, she walked back to the couch and let her body fall on it. She wanted to call him but she knew he wasn't going to answer it. She grabbed the remote control and changed the channel to the one which was playing her favorite show; the America's Next Top Model. It was probably the only thing that could keep her mind busy.

One hour later, it was over. She put away the blanket she was cover with and turned the TV off. She sat on the couch and checked her phone in case she missed any calls. She was hoping she would and it would have been Deeks calling her. But no. No one had called her. She stood up and she was about to go to sleep, if she could actually sleep, when she heard a knock on her door. She stood there and stared at it. It was half past eleven, who could it be? 'Deeks?' she thought.

She slightly opened the curtain that was covering her glass door to see who was. It was Deeks. She felt relieved. But...he was holding a box. And it wasn't her box. It wasn't the one she had given to him. She opened the door and let him in. He gave her a small smile and placed the box on the little table she had in the living room. "I've been calling you." she said.

"I told you I needed time to...to think."

She stared at him for a moment. "How are you doing?"

"Um, I'm...I'm good. I'm glad it's finally over."

"What's...what's in the box?" she asked pointing it.

"Um, my stuff from the office." She looked at him scared. He resigned? "Remember what you told me four years ago when..."

"I told you to quit from LAPD and apply to become an NCIS agent, not resign from NCIS!" she didn't let him finish his sentence. He was left with the mouth opened, staring at her confused. "How did you do it? What were you thinking?" He laughed. She looked at him, shaking her head. "Stop laughing. It's not funny. Once again I'm left without a partner." But he kept laughing and smiling at her.

"I love you even more when you are worried and scared for nothing." She looked at him confused. "Did you really think I would leave the people that actually helped me? That I would go back to those who accused me of murder? Did you really think I would leave you?" He walked to her and grabbed her hands. "Where would I find a better partner to fight crimes with?"

"And the box?"

"I had left some things back to LAPD. I went there to take them and then I passed from the Mission to talk with Hetty."

"And? What did she say?"

"She had my papers ready a...long time ago. The only things missing were a date and my signature."

"Does that mean..."

"I'm officially an NCIS agent." A big smile was drawn on her face. "I'll have my badge in a couple of days." She hugged him tight and she wasn't letting him go. "No one can take me from you now."

"I'm going to call Callen and Sam."

She was about to dial Callen's number when Deeks stopped her. "No, no baby. It's not necessary." She turned and gave him the they-knew-it-and-I-didn't look. "They were there, at the bullpen, when I...spoke with Hetty. They know it. And Nell and Eric."

"And you didn't bother to call me and tell me, right?"

"I was going to come here. Plus, I didn't want to tell you that over the phone." She crossed her arms and turned her back to him, pretending she mad and upset with him. But he knew she was playing with him. He walked to her and placed his hands around her, giving her kisses to her neck. At first she was trying to escape from him but she broke. She had missed these days. She had missed his hugs, his kisses, his smell, his touch. Everything. She finally let herself to him. Until now she was all stressed from what had happned but suddenly, everything just went away. "I love you."

"I love you too."

In case someone doesn't remember, Kensi had told Deeks to quit from LAPD and apply to become an NCIS agent in Season 3 Episode 10 (The Debt).

Thanks for reading!