Chapter Twenty Five : Warmth

Her Highness Queen Rose POV:

He was so close making it difficult for me to breathe. His scent was something that I can inhale every time and not get tired of it. Everything about him is supernatural but not in a strange and disgusting way but rather something too familiar and alluring.

"Rose.." I was suddenly brought back to reality when he called out my name. It just rolls out of his tongue so smoothly and it's like music to my ears. It is queer that I am starting to develop feelings for someone whom once I feared. Is it okay to accept him. Will he hurt me again or love me?

His eyebrows creased in a questioning look when I didn't say anything. "I understand if you don't want to talk to me."

'No, you don't know I was dazed by you', my inner voice screamed.

Henry pulled away from me and looked broke, "It is not like that, Your Highn...um.." I blurted out suddenly and his once sad face lit up again at me.

He raised an eyebrow silently asking me to call out his name, "It's not like that." I murmured looking down.

Tipping my chin up with his finger to meet his eyes, "It is not like that, and ...?"

"And... nothing." I replied trying to hide my blush vainly but it is already showing, isn't it?

He smiled at my flustered self. I gulped down as his seemed to stare at my lips and then back to my eyes.

"Nothing?" He asked.

"Yes.." I whispered back.

"You won't say my name?" Henry tilted his head and swept his finger from underneath my chin to my jaw.

"Do I have to?" I asked.

"Will you, please?"

H-He said please... he just requested me to say his name.

"Okay." I whispered and looked anywhere but his charming face, "Henry."

My face would have probably looked like a tomato when I said his name. My inner battle was out of control, butterflies fluttered in my stomach, my heart lurched threatening to come out of the rib cage.

He grinned at me and I can swear it was not wicked rather genuine and sweet.

My breath faltered at his smile, what is happening to me? How can he have such an effect on me?

His eyes dropped specifically to the ring that he gave. Henry picked up my hand in his and brought it closer to his lips where his breath tickled my skin. Placing, a gentle kiss on my knuckles, he stared back at me and held my eyes by his captivating brown ones.

"Rose?" He asked out of the blue.

"Yes?"

"Are you still scared of me?" I searched for his eyes for what I saw was clear sincerity.

I shook my head bringing yet another smile to his face. "I am glad. I swear I would bring you nothing but happiness to see the smile on your face again."

Henry left my hand and shifted away from me towards his bed side. The lights switched off and the warmth I felt from his touch was gone, I felt like I craved him.

Suddenly out of the dark his hand made way to cup my face with the other circling firmly around my waist and he placed a kiss on my cheek, "Good night, doll."

I don't remember what happened after that because sleep overcame me in his warm embrace.

***
The morning scent filled my lungs as I inhaled deeply and the sunshine beamed on my eyelids. Morning came soon, like I just slept. The birds chirped and there was something about the atmosphere that made me want to run around in the gardens with my hands in air.

When I opened my eyes I saw a clothed muscular chest and my legs tangled with his, my eyes widened when I registered what position I was in.

Slowly, I got up not to disturb him from his sleep. He seemed to sleep soundly and peacefully like a child. Carefully, I untangled myself from him and placed a long round pillow instead, on my place, in his arms.

The dark eyelashes contrasted his pale complexion, his muscles were visible from his white shirt. His dark hair wild against his forehead as it rested on the pillow. I had a sudden urge to run my fingers through them but I suppressed myself, it wouldn't be very nice of me.

He hugged the pillow tighter and his eye brows creased in his dreams. He is so adorable. I cannot believe that this is the same dangerous king I used to think of.

Tiptoeing away I made my way towards the bathroom to take a bath.

The warm water drained through the gold tap on the white bath tub, big enough for me to swim a little.

I undressed myself and slipped into the warmth of the water.

***

Third Person POV:

Having done with her bath and daily routine, she dressed into a white floral dress and combed her long black hair. Through the reflection of the mirror she could glance at his sleeping form and he looked undisturbed.

Rose decided to let her hair free, so she pinned a few strands from sides behind and looked herself in the mirror for a final check.

She tiptoed out of the room and closed the door behind to head downstairs for breakfast.

When she looked around the diner she didn't even find Nigel, as she expected him but she was fine with that. Rose had a habit of having her breakfast alone back there at the castle of Krestochia.

She remembered her chat with Nigel last night, he seemed to be a talkative but gentle person. It was him who made Rose smile after a long time as she thought that she has almost forgotten how to.

Before calling for someone who would help, bringing her food, her eyes landed on a picture at the end of the long dining hall.

Rose glanced around then made her way towards the big picture frame.

The picture comprised of a skilfully painted white and gold chariot pulled by two black horses and two white horses and the strange thing was that, they all had magenta eyes with no one to ride the chariot. The horses looked majestic but wild at the same time as they appeared to be running ahead.

Rose moved her hand towards the painting to touch it, admiring the skill with which the artist had painted it, that was when a female voice boomed across the hall making her jump in fear, "Hey!"

*****

Thank you so much for reading, don't forget to vote and comment your views. :)