Stay With Me (6) Joy

The next few weeks went by quickly and soon we were all very reluctant to leave the nice little temporary home in a small town of New York.

"Guys, we need to have a serious talk." I said at first. The four of us da around the coffee table while Once Upon A Time played on TV in the background.

"I personally love this place and it does still count as a get away. We have two and a half weeks left of summer before we we go back and in the end part ways if it comes to that... I want to just stay here and rest for the remainder.

"Before anyone says anything, just think of the pros! Ohio is so far away and we didn't rent anything there anyways, we were just going camping again. Camping is fun and all but I prefer this place way more. The drive back is shorter and less stressful, or course I would volunteer to drive but since you lot think I would kill you in an accident then I guess not, and we have plumbing and electricity here!" I tried to persuade them to stay here.

No one said anything at first, probably weighing the pros with the cons. "It sounds like a great idea, I like this place." Mel was the first one to pipe up. We usually see eye to eye on most things, especially on references that no one else understands. Our best is quoting Spongebob when no one else notices, it's our little game I guess you can say.

The boys nodded along, they didn't have much of a choice since both of us agreed already, but they didn't need to know that.

"Great, I guess we can just do whatever for the next week or so before we head back." I said and stood up from the couch. I wanted to explore the house just a bit more before we go. There's bunch of hidden rooms, I can already tell. The exterior of the house doesn't really add up to the interior. Yes, I get it, I'm weird for paying attention to detail, but it's what I do.

I went to venture off on the left side of the house, where the mysterious room was located. "Where're you going, Red? Except you're not a redhead so it doesn't really work for you... Anyway, back to the question, where're you headed?" Gray making an effort to be a cute cliche couple, even though I absolutely hate those to an extent because... The Fault in Our Stars... Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging... The Notebook... The Last Song

Basically my standards are way off the charts because of movies and books so... I hate and love cliches.

"Exploring, care to join me, James?" I called him by his 'last name' or middle name if you want to get technical.

"I would love to, Peters." We locked arms and went deeper into the cabin.

Exploring was hard but fun, in the movies they make it look so easy to find a secret door or a hidden button, but it was way harder than it looked. I guess my curiosity was the only thing that made me keep going instead of just giving up after thirty minutes of absolutely nothing.

"Maybe it's outside?" Gray suggested slightly disheartened by our inability to find anything.

"But baby, it's cold outside." I tried for my own little cliche.

"No, that was even worse than mine, let's go." He said smiling and shaking his head as he dragged me out the door.

We headed towards the random room just protruding from the side of the building. There didn't seem to be anything that leads in... Well that was the case until I clumsily slipped on some ice and fell into a the grass near the wall that revealed a small crawl space hidden by the long grass that wasn't cut so it could stay hidden.

Gray was laughing at my clumsiness, but I motioned for him to look and that's where the two of us, mostly him since I don't do that stuff, opened the door to the small space.