Be Careful What You Wish For

Ellen

How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid?

Ellen threw the magazines to the other side of the room and let her tired body fall on the bed. She searched for a pillow to bury her face in and let out a scream.

How had this happened? How was it possible that her life had completely turned into nuts? Two days before she had been lying almost naked on a beach, completely happy and relaxed in the arm of the love of her life, her body tired after what had been quite possibly the best orgasm of her life. And now, she was in her bedroom - her stylish, Californian, blue and brown bedroom, crying over a few magazines, her husband's reaction and her life being a total hell.

The words of the articles - all over the most famous US magazines: People, Hello, E! - mixed with Chris' words in her ears, dispelling the very little self-control she had left.

Rumours confirmed after 10 years.

Real reason why Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey left the show.

Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey's secret affair.

Most shipped couple of TV-shows had a hot rendezvous in Italy.

"You're a bitch, a dirty, lying bitch."

"You were fucking him, again, like a filthy whore while I was here taking care of your daughters!"

"You are worthless, Ellen. As a lover, as a wife, as a mother. Even as a actress."

"I loved you, I married you, and you threw my heart away."

"You've always been lying to me!"

Her phone kept on ringing, but she couldn't bear herself to raise her head from her pillow and look at the screen. Anyway, she was sure she knew who was calling her. It was Patrick - and she had been avoiding him for days, except for random text messages. After the magazines, it was even worse. She was sure he was worried about her, maybe he wanted to check on Chris' reaction, he probably even wanted to rescue her. Rescue her. No one could rescue a woman who had always been taking care of herself. She didn't need him, she didn't need Chris. She could do it alone, she could face a Hollywood scandal, she could protect herself from her husband. She had raised herself after losing her mother at the age of three, all of this was bullshit compared to it.

"Mommy?" a flebile voice asked from the door, and when she forced herself to raise her head she saw Stella and Sienna, holding hands and checking worriedly on her.

She didn't need anyone - she just needed her girls. Her girls were everything to her - they were her strength, her backbone, her courage, the light of her life, her world. With them by her side, she felt like she could overcome any difficulty that came her way. They were her precious little jewels - she would be completely lost without them.

"Princesses," she breathed, faking a smile and immediately drying her tears with her hands. She could easily tell that Sienna wasn't feeling well, but Stella was six - she started to understand things. A lot of things, actually. "Come here," she encouraged, gently patting the blanket next to her. The girls smiled and ran to her, cuddling their little bodies to her.

"Mama 'urt?" Sienna asked, putting her little, pale hand on Ellen's cheek.

"Mommy's fine," Ellen assured, kissing her moist hand. She was fine - she had to be. She wasn't going to have her children suffer for any of this. She was willing to pick them up in the middle of the night and move to Alaska to actually protect them.