Chapter 15: Only one left

I was frozen in place, looking straight at the barrel of a tranquilizer pointed at me. Chip had his figure on the trigger and I was really praying he wouldn't get trigger happy. He just looked at me with his old eyes.

"This won't hurt at all." With that, he pulled the trigger and as he did, someone pushed me out of the way, sending me to the ground.

I shook my head as I sat up and I nearly cried when I saw who had pushed me. Joseph. He was on his knees, holding his right shoulder and I saw that his breathing started to slow down. Chip raised his eyebrows seeing who had gotten the dart and he just shook his head.

"Guess you wanted to go first." He then looked over at Jack and Will who looked at Joseph's unconscious body fall at Chip's feet, the dart see able.

The dart wasn't your everyday animal dart. Being short and thin, it had a large blue fuzz ball on the end that had a red strip that circled the middle. And it looked like it could pierce clothing. I quickly got to my feet by Jack and Will, Chip looked at the four other masters, Mason amongst them. They each had the same tranquilizer in their hands and their eyes were locked on us.

Jack then whispered towards my ear. "When Will tries to attack Chip, run towards the kitchen and warn the others." He said and I didn't even get a chance to nod before Will lunged.

Being to afraid to look back, I ran towards the kitchen ignoring the shouting and yelling. I slide into the kitchen and Atticus was right next to me, looking towards the entrance of the kitchen.

"Skyler, what's going on?" He said fast and I struggled to catch my breath. My heart was beating too fast.

"Chip had a tranquilizer and he shot-"

*Bang*

I jumped as the loud bang filled the house. Will or Jack, or both, must of gotten hit. Atticus seemed to understand what I was trying to say because he quickly looked over at Heath who was standing by Aby.

"You and Heath need to take the hall and run upstairs, hid. And if you hear someone calling you, don't come out. Okay?" He said taking us over to a door by the fridge and I thought it was a storage room but I was wrong. When he opened it, it was another hall, one that I had not seen before, stairs at the very end that must of lead to upstairs. I was shaking with fear and I felt Heath's hand on my shoulders. Atticus said something to him but I didn't hear what he said. Heath pushed me into the hall, and before I know it, the door was closed behind us, the sound of a lock and I turned to see Heath kneeling down to take a key that was slide under and when he had it, he quickly turned toward me, sweat on his brow.

"Come on, Skyler." He said taking my hand and we both ran down the hall. I used my free hand to wipe the tears that were beginning to fall. I had never felt this scared before.

We got to the stairs and Heath took the lead, the key in hand. I almost tripped due to the shoes I was wearing, stopping, I pulled off the shoes and placed them in the dark on the stair case, they blending in perfectly. When I count up with Heath, he was just being to get the key in the hole when another bang filled the house and I jumped again, putting my hand over my mouth to prevent my cry from escaping. I didn't even want to think who Chip had hit.

The door opened and I heard Heath let out a yes under his breath as he took my hand once again and pulled me into the hall that was upstairs. He closed the door quietly behind him and I watched as he locked it, putting the key in his pocket. He then looked both ways before turning his attention towards me. He put his hands on my shoulders, his gentle eyes looking into me.

"Go and hide, Skyler. Don't come out if they call your name at all. It's going to be okay." He said looking over his shoulder. The house had gone quite, too quite.

I bit my lip and nodded at him and he gave me a smile before he pointed towards the Mr. Hill's room, mouthing at me to hide in there. I nodded once again and watched as he went the other direction. I quickly ran towards the room, my feet not making a sound as they touched the ground. My heart was beating hard, only because the house had gone to quiet for me to handle. Opening the door, I closed it quietly behind me. After I made sure it was closed, I brought a chair over and put it right under the handle so it would be hard to open. I then looked around the room for a hiding place. Mr. Hill's room was large, a what looked to be a king sized bed sat on the far side of the room and I know that was the first place Mason or Chip was going to look so I moved to the bathroom, his closet was large, which meet it was perfect. I quickly found a good hiding spot, behind Mr. Hill's clothing that hung on hangers. I slide into them and had managed to make the hangers stop moving just when I heard yelling.

"Got one!" I placed a hand over my mouth as I heard the yelling. Heath. I wanted this nightmare to end, I grabbed at my head and hugged it as I heard Chip's voice take over.

"Where is she!?" He yelled.

"I'm not telling you!" Heath's struggling voice shouted back and I closed my eyes as the tears kept on falling.

"Fine." With that, another shot filled the house and I flinched again, biting my lip to keep from crying out.

It went quiet again, and I was struggling to control myself. Chip had taken down everyone else, his own father, all the masters, the other servants, everyone. And here I was, hiding in a closet, being told that everything was going to be okay. I surely did not feel like that. I then heard what sounded like someone trying to get the door opened, cursing following behind.

"I think she's in here!" A voice yelled, it had to belong to a man. I shack back further into the closet, until I felt the wall and I just let the shaking take over. Soon I heard the door go crashing open and I closed my eyes, hearing the sound of feet slowly moving long the ground.

"Come out come out. You're not going to get hurt sweetie, just one long nap." The voice said and I tried to stop the shaking, but it was impossible.

"Come one, doll. No one is going to hurt you." It said sweetly as it got closer, I was so tempted to come out

It went quiet and I closed my eyes as I listened to the sound of feet getting closer. Oh please. Let him be stupid and skip the closet, please please please. I'll do anything, just please don't look here. Please. I then opened my eyes and nearly let out a scream when I saw a smiling face peeking through the clothing toward me.

"Hello, doll."