Intro

I was born to parents Henry and Anne Black. Both were a member of the Winged People. The Winged People were people that have wings. Wings that resemble a bird rather than a bat.

There aren't many of us left. It was only us. One family all winged and afraid.

It was on my thirteenth birthday when that all changed. I was sleeping soundly as the hunters came in. They were silent and quick. All wielding weapons made to kill the Winged. I could remember seeing men outside my door from underneath the bed holding Valanos daggers.

Valanos is a rare metal that is found to be lethal to the Winged People. See, the Winged People have a healing factor and immunity to injuries that are caused by normal weapons. Only a Valanos weapon could kill a Winged.

My brother who was seventeen at the time was on a trip to the city to get food. We lived out in the woods to make sure that none of us gets discovered. He came back to find blood splattered against the wall and me crying my eyes out above my parents. We've been running ever since.

It's only three years later and I'm sixteen and stating my first day of highschool.

A/n
I'm writing a new story! And this time I'll try my best to not bail. Just like I did three other times. Hehe... I just thought that I would need time to finish at least ten chapters before I start posting. This story will only be around 15 chapters because I am quite frankly, busy with school and I might not finish. It just depends. I hope you guys understand. Thanks for checking this out!