Servant of Evil

"She is an evil princess!"

"How can you serve her with loyalty?!"

"Get out here while you can!"

That's what most people advise me to do. Yes, I know she's like a devil. No emotions nor remorse to any of her town's people. But despite that I still love her, for me she is the only reason why I wanted to live. My very life will always be for her.

I was born and raised inside the palace. Although all alone inside the chambers she treated me with equal terms. Since then, we've been playmates inside the castle grounds. I still remembered how we picked flowers and made it into crowns and necklaces as it gives joy to me how she smiled so sweet. Even though father hated me to the point of being disgusted by just seeing me, as long as I can be with her then I'll endure everything. But the adults tampered her innocent mind with bad motives; now everyone sees her as a wicked princess that even the advisers themselves hated her.

I didn't question nor ask them regarding my past. Even I knew father is keeping a secret but it didn't bother me as long as the princess is happy. It came to the point that someone asked us why we both have the same face. I never heard anything from that person since then; it seems after that, she just vanished within the palace grounds.

As we grow older our responsibility changes.

As we grow older we realized our positions.

As we grow older it became more clearly to us,

She is the princess and I'm just a servant.

They keep saying she has no heart and everyday there is always someone who tries to kill her. Since then I clutched my fist and promised to myself, that I'll protect her with all my might.

We only have each other in this world. Because we can't trust the adults; they are all selfish. They just teach you what they want you to know, nothing more nothing less.

I remembered a day when the princess expressed her anger towards a lady with red hair. The lady keeps cursing the princess as she was being escorted outside the palace. I thought on that moment that something is wrong. I tried to comfort her and she started crying while sitting on her favorite chair. That's when I realized, she experienced her heart being broken for the first time.

She is always blooming happily whenever she's near with the blue prince of our neighboring country. She was so serious of him, that she made a proposal of marriage. But sadly, the prince refused her offer and told her straight how he actually sees her as a sister. After telling that story, the princess grabs my collar, pleading, holding it tightly as she looked at me in my eyes and said "Find that filthy woman and kill her! It will surely remove the pain in my heart, please.."

"But my princess..." I doubted her order and couldn't make a commitment.

She then got angry and said; "She stole my only true love! I won't forgive her! I want all the townspeople at our neighboring kingdom killed!"

Without wasting time, I started to move.

If this is the only way to make you happy,

Then I'll gladly stain my hands with blood.

And the moment I returned at the palace, my hands are already covered with blood. I was shaken by the fact that I have killed someone. But I keep saying to myself this is for the best as I know the princess will be please for this news I'll be reporting to her now.

But what am I saying??

I know there will be a day my princess will be thrown out because of this.

Before that happens I'll make sure she is safe.

Safe to all the adults poisoning her mind...

And the time I was afraid to happen finally happened in front of my eyes.

Lead by the prince of blue, all who are angry with the princess collaborate to kill her. They all attacked the palace with all of their might. I can't understand, she has this mentally because of the adult's supervision but now they are trying to clean their hands about all of the treasonous that happened within the kingdom.

I lead the princess within a chamber where there's a secret passage leading outside the palace. She grabbed by sleeves, begging me to come with her. I smiled with a thought she is trying to show me and told her; "You'll be fine, change your clothes with this and follow the path towards outside."

The bell rang one,

two,

and three...

Everyone is waiting at the middle of the town. They keep staring at the giant clock as it strikes three o'clock. The time of punishment for the evil princess they hated so much has arrived. Kneeling as she faces downward looking at the ground, it's indeed a nice scenery especially to the townspeople who struggled hard. But instead of seeing the princess cry, they saw her smiling as the ax was struck down on her neck.

All the viewers left the center of the town expecting the story of an evil princess just ended. But a person cloaked in black didn't move an inch to where he's standing. Tears keep falling on the ground yet, no one noticed it. 

Rubbing his eyes with sorrowful regrets, the hood covering his head was lifted by the wind. It was the face of the loyal servant wearing his usual uniform. As he cried non-stop all the townspeople ignored him.

Or so they though it was him.

The truth is, the real princess wears the clothes her loyal servant gave to her. They exchanged clothes before she can escaped from the palace grounds. They are both identical, no one knew who is the real princess if both dressed as one. The person that was killed in front of the crown was not the real princess but the loyal servant who served her very well.

"Why? What reason made you so loyal to me?" She asked the beheaded servant lying at the ground. "What keeps you pushing yourself to do the works I asked you from my selfish desires??"

Her tears keep falling to the servant's head while holding it dearly into her arms. She then saw a piece of paper held tightly at the servant's hand. After reading it, she bid farewell and left the liberated town as the words written in the paper let her move forward;

****

Smile my princess; you're so dear to me,

Live happily, discover new things and scenery.

Do the things that we frequently dreamed to do,

For those are my last will, to let you live freely without regret.

Move forward, don't loose hope, someday we'll meet again,

Maybe not in this era or this world,

But in a place were we can live peacefully,

As twins that are bound with happiness.

We shall be together again.

***