Chapter 10!

Have you ever been in that position? Where everything felt right and in position and no matter how insiginificant the moment is you just don't want it to stop. Surprisingly enough, hanging out with a stranger- a famous one, and the said stranger's mom made me feel exactly that way.

I wasn't able to explain why but it just made me happy. Mark took me to his new loft pretty close to Dan's place surprisingly. The loft was beautiful with an incredible view of the city. Jealous! And what we've done so far is talk.

"So where are your parents exactly?" Mark's mum asked.

"Right now they're somewhere in Tokyo" I smiled. "They're travellers, they write travelling journals for magazines and they usually get sent to places to review new places trying to get a name, new bars, new restaurants, places like that"

"Sounds fun" She gasped. "I would kill for that job"

"Mom, you can't even go anywhere barefeet, what happens if the restaurant can't have you wearing any sandals or what if they want you to eat lizards-"

"Alright, thank you son, I got your point" She sighed.

"I would sigh every day in my life too if my son was like this" I faked a sigh and Mark's mum laughed, faking another sigh.

"I was raised in a loving environment, we were taught to love anyone or anything no matter how annoying they are" She laughed and immediately Mark pouted. "I'm sorry son but it's the truth"

"I guess in the end it's as long as your mother loves you!" I exclaimed.

"Bullying is never the answer, god" I rolled my eyes and my phone buzzed from inside my pockets.

from: Danny <3

hiii pretty face, I just woke up. so much for a quick nap, yawnnn.

I just stared at the text. For some reason, I didn't want to reply to Danny's text. So much for being a nice girlfriend but really, would he appreciate me texting back half-heartedly? At least you took the time to reply.. STILL!

"Something's wrong?" Markie asked as he tried to take a peek of the text. I flinched his arms and he jumped back. "Dude, what did you do that for?"

"Don't peek, it's none of your business" I giggled. I...giggled. Why...did I...giggle? I immediately blushed and shook my head returning my focus back to my text.

from: Gemma <3

Hi.

That was my stupid idiotic response. I didn't proccess the fact that I was giving out too little information,  I mean come on, Hi. I guess I could reply with something stupid or funny later just so he won't suspect anything wrong with me.

Why is there something wrong with me? Is it because I'm enjoying too much of my time with Markie? I mean I'm supposedly taken and I shouldn't be that way!

I took a deep breath. I need to go home. 

I looked at Markie with sad eyes. "no" He replied without even listening to what I have to say.

"No? You didn't even hear what I want to say"

"No going home! You've only been here for what...like 3 hours? No! Absolutely not." He stubbornly said and crossed his arm as he faced his mom. His mom kept quiet but let out a small laugh nonetheless.

I gasped and flinched his arms. "You can't just not let me go home"

"My roof, my rules!" He said, faking a yawn.

"Mark" His mom warned.

"Mom, she just got here" He exclaimed back. I find it sweet that he is doing what he is doing, trying to keep me here and so on but still.

"3 hours ago is definitely not the period of time to be considered as 'just got here'" I rolled my eyes, grabbing my bag. "It's alright if you don't want to drive me home but I just need to go home"

"Nice bluff, I'm not gonna buy it"

I ignored him and rolled my eyes. "Bye Mrs. Penn" I smiled and gave her a quick hug. "It was nice meeting you"

"What about meeting my son?"

"Not so much" We both exchanged a laugh and I turned towards Markie. "Last chance" I singed songed. He remained still and finally I rolled my eyes. "Then I'll see you around, loser" I messed up his hair and headed towards the door.

"Alright fine" He groaned. I turned back towards him and he groggily got up from the couch.

"You don't have to really!" I laughed.

"But I don't wanna go through hell by not doing so" I just smiled in return and Mark's mum waved us goodbye.

"Have fun kids!"

"We're not kids" He replied back as we walked towards the elevator. "Did you at least enjoy your time here?" He asked, worry clearly written in his eyes.

"Why would it matter if I didn't?"

"You're not exactly a stranger" He shrugged.

"i'm just an acquaintance, we've only known each other less than a day in total of hours that we've spent together" That was the truth and the truth needed to be said.

"Yeah but somethings can't be explained" He said.

I looked at him, confusion in my eyes and he smiled. "It's creepy, the fact that I moved here because I might sort of be fond of you but like I said, somethings can't be explained, if I can then I wouldn't have been here, all moving and shit to know the answer to that question I can't explain"

Hello I'm back! I would redo the whole story but that's another homework, yawn. Look forward to another chapter, as always, I'm up for suggestions, comments and questions. I honest to God forgot what happened to this story but um. Yeah, i'll try my best.

ALSO! Check out my new story that I can't stop writing,

it's Chance vs Choice.

I have once read that there was chance vs choice. The fact that it's either my reality, which was what my parents had laid out for me versus choice, of what I would like to happen. My name is Nicole Rivera, I came from a very strict environment of a very rich family. I'm 20 years old and I'm on the gateway to adulthood yet so far, I've done nothing for myself. I wasn't able to socialise with just about anyone because no one knows the heart of the other person. The only person I hang out with is the family best friend, the Devou and their son, Channing, my best friend of two decades. Both of our lives feel like a strategy game played out by our parents and turns out, it's been arranged by our family for us to get married to each other. This is when I realised, it was Chance vs Choice. This is where I draw the line. I don't want to have an arranged marriage. This is when both Channing and I run away to make our own choices.