Chapter 10 - Let Me Love You

A/N: after the emotional uproar of the last chapter- I can promise you that you should hopefully find this one more... Suiting for your fangirlish intentions ;)

So I'm just going to leave this here, I don't know if it will get *that* heated but yeah-

Mature themes in this chapter.

Yes kids. I means the sex.

-----

Another weekend, another party; something that was becoming a regular occurrence.

For this evenings event, you had chosen your simple magnolia chemise style dress- although you had come to like your dresses more you wouldn't be caught dead in the horrible, frilly- over accentuated things- but still, it was a more elegant step away from your usual dress that you had previously been fashioning in your Uncle's workshop.

Georgie, the maid, had lovingly offered to help style your hair- and what an art form she had made of it too. Your (hair colour) hair was curled into soft ringlets, style half up, half down, with a few escaping hairs framing your face.

"Oh miss- you look lovely." Georgie smiled, as you looked at yourself with a level of self confidence and joy that could not be matched. You hugged her tight and thanked her, before having your faux white fur shawl draped over your shoulders, and at last, leaving your room.

"(Name), are you almost ready-" your uncle shouted from the base of the stairs, before he looked to the summit of the landing, and his eyes watched you in a proud awe, taking the steps down with gliding steps- like a vision from a dream.

"You look beautiful." He commented, smiling onto you proudly, taking up your arm, "the carriage awaits-" Aleck entailed, looking smart himself in a tidy suit and bow tie combination.

Safely inside the deep purple velvet haven of the carriage, you both heard the driver click on, the horses hooves clopped over the cobbles quickly in a rhythmic pattern.

"Have you seen any potential bachelors at these parties recently?" Your uncle asked, as your (eye colour) eyes strayed from the view of the night fallen city passing by your window. A stammer captured your tongue.

"I can't say I have... I'm not really looking for romance right now." You answered with a subtle poisonous tone on your voice, thinking about the way Jacob had just suddenly decided it wasn't wise to court you anymore.

Aleck smiled in an understanding response, before a comfortable silence took the carriage- you weren't in the mood for talking, you were rather anticipating the party- this was by far the best one you had attended yet.

----

At the same time, on the quiet tracks of London, the Frye twins train was fast approaching it's stop, a carriage too awaiting the twins to take them off to the party.

"You don't look to shabby Jacob." Evie commented, crossing her arms over in her smart red dress, a smug look on her face, "I was under the impression you'd look a right tit- and you parted with your top hat!"

"Give it a rest." Jacob sighed slightly, forcing a smile. He was wearing a smart suit, but had styled it to a way that was quintessentially him. Jacob hadn't bothered with a tie, leaving the first button undone on his shirt, and then simply paired black trousers and a black jacket- he didn't want to make too much fuss.

"Says you- is that a dress?" He scoffed, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips, but his voice didn't have the same authentic wit as it used to before he ended with you.

"Don't start Jacob- it's all for the play." Evie teased, as the train drew up in the station- which was empty enough. The pair made their way down to the awaiting carriage, Jacob assisting his sister in with a slight scoff at the sheer idea of her wearing a dress.