Epilogue

"Did you get the deal across?" Freya tapped a mildly impatient finger on the wall of Horus's office.

"Of course I did. They know where we live, and we know where they live. They agreed. Neither group will attack the other until we've both got our act together. Which, we all know, will be a while." Horus sounded smug. He did have a right to be.

"This is awesome," said Thor excitedly. "The first real truce between the Order and the Brotherhood since they fell. Who do you think will lead them now?"

"Popular vote seems to favor Hammurabi," Freya said. "He tricked Falan into thinking he was unconscious from the fire attack. Sounds like he's badly burned, but he's alive. One thing the Brotherhood likes to keep us up to date on is how amazing their officials are. Hammurabi is absolutely thrilled that he survived the mage who killed Alexander."

Smirks around the circle. Horus waved a hand. "I will happily keep watch for new developments, though personally I think Hammurabi doesn't have the guts to lead."

"Five bucks," said Thor.

"Done," Horus replied. "Off with you, and do not return until you are here to pay me."

Thor and Freya both left and set off down the corridor. "Where are your magelings?" Thor inquired of Freya.

She shot him a glare. "Let me inform you that they are not 'my' magelings. They have gone to visit their parents. They'll come back: they want to continue their training."

"With Master Garrett?"

"At first, probably. There are not many other mages who will correspond with the Order. I don't know how they could stand it, though."

"The one won't stand Garret calling him Jason, that's for sure. You had better stop doing that, too."

"I shall continue to call him Jason whenever necessary," Freya declared.

Thor laughed, and Freya grinned. "What about the other one?" Thor asked her.

"What about him?"

"He seems to – ahem – like you."

Yeah, right. "Thor."

"Yes?"

"Don't."