1

"Ethan..Evan.. Breakfast is ready." Sapphire called out as she gently placed the tray full of chocolate pancakes on the table. It was a special day for the boys and she wanted to start it with their favourite breakfast.

"Coming Mommy!" the boys yelled in union. Running into the room, racing with each other as always. "I'm first." Ethan yelled flopping on his chair. "No I'm first." Evan protested glaring daggers at his brother.

"Happy birthday boys!" Sapphire interrupted making the boys turn their attention to her.

"Thank you mommy!" Evan chirped happily giving her a tight hug. "Aren't you supposed to say something Ethan?" Sapphire asked raising her eyebrow.

"Where's my present?" he asked with a toothy grin. "You are supposed to say thank you Ethan." Evan snapped at his brother shaking his head. "well, You are welcome Et. Anyways, come on boys, finish your breakfast."

"But Mommy, where is my present?" Ethan demanded impatiently . "Calm down Ethan. You will get your present once you finish your breakfast." she replied with a small smile.

"No! I want it now." He shouted banging the table with his fists, scaring the living daylight out of her. "Keep your voice down Ethan. You are not going to speak to your Mom like that." Steven ordered stepping into the kitchen.

"Morning Steve! What a pleasant surprise." Sapphire stated awkwardly, not expecting to see her landlord in her kitchen early in the morning. "Morning Saph!" he acknowledged her. "Boys say hello to Uncle Steve." she ordered.

"Hello uncle Steve." Evan stated smiling at him. "Hello Evan. And happy birthday." He gave him a toothy grin. "Thank you Uncle Steve." Steve turned towards Ethan who seemed to look a little nervous.

"And you young man, are going to apologise to your Mommy." he ordered. "Sorry Mommy." Ethan replied with no hint of regret. "Lets drop this matter here. Steve would you like some pancakes?" Sapphire asked changing the topic.

"No I'm good. Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked in a serious tone . "Of course, finish your breakfast boys. Mommy will be back in a minute." she replied walking out of the kitchen along with Steve.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" Sapphire asked as she followed him into the living room. "For starters, that's not the way you raise a child." she gave him a confused look. "Excuse me?" she asked.

"Look Saphire, I know I have no right to tell you how to raise your children . But this is not the way-" she cut him off in the middle. "Steve we are not going there again." This wasn't the first time Steven had tried to talk to her on that.

"Fine Sapphire, but remember that boy needs to learn some discipline" he stated making her laugh. "Come on Steve, don't be like that. It's his birthday." she replied with a small smile. "This is why he never learns." he replied shaking his head.

"Anyways, that's not what I wanted to talk about. Gena wanted to bake something for the boys. She wanted to know if you would be ok with it." he stated after a few minutes of silence.

"That's really sweet of her. Tell her the boys will really love it. They always do." she replied with a small smile. Steven and Gena had been like a family ever since she had moved here five years back.

"Ok then, I better get going. I'll see you later." he kissed her forehead and left. "Say hi to Gena." she called out as she waved him goodbye . "Yes I will." he shouted back as he got into his car and sped off.

"Mommy can we have our present now?" Evan asked with a pout as Sapphire cleaned the breakfast table. "Of course baby. Go to your room and check your closet. And don't forget to take Ethan with you." she replied with a warm smile.

"Thank you Mommy." He chirped happily and ran out yelling his brother's name. Sapphire laughed as she heard her boys argue about whose present is better. Loud buzzing phone brought her out of her thoughts.

"Hello." she answered as she cradled her phone between her shoulder and her ear as she put the plates into the dishwasher.

"Sapphire?" an extremely familiar voice asked making her choke on her own breath.

"Noel." she whispered immediately recognising the voice.

"Where have you been all these years Sapphire ?" he demanded making her groan inwardly. This was the question she thought she would never have to answer.

"Where did you find my number?" she demanded trying to change the subject.

"That's not important right now. I know where you are so don't even think of running."

"I wasn't planning on." She replied rolling her eyes.

"Good! Now meet me at the Brew in an hour." he stated curtly.

"Look Noel I-"But he cut her off in the middle.

"I'm not taking a no for answer. Now get your butt down here. Can't wait to see you again." and with that he hung up, leaving her no chance to argue.

She stood there staring at the screen of her phone still not believing what just happened. Did she just speak to Noel Harrison ? Or was it just a dream? It had been so long that she had thought he might have forgotten her now.

But since he just called her demanding to see her again, it seems like he hasn't forgotten yet. She shook her head trying to clear her thoughts and dialed Emily, her only best friend.

"Hey Em! Can you take care of the boys for some time. I have somewhere to be." she asked hopefully.

"Ya sure. Did you want me to come over or will you drop them at my place?"

"I guess I will drop them on the way." She replied.

"So who is this guy you are going to meet?" she asked making Sapphire's eyes go wide.

"How did you know it's a guy?" she asked.

"I wasn't born yesterday sweetheart. Anyways, I'm glad that you finally decided to see someone." She stated sounding really happy.

"So where is he taking you?" she asked curiously making her groan inwardly.

"It's not a date Em. It's just an old friend."

"Is he..you know the-" she trailed off not wanting to sound rude.

"No Em. He's not their father. He's just a friend from college." She replied.

"Oh...okay! So is this friend of yours hot?" She asked trying to lighten up the conversation.

"Maybe, anyways got to go. I'll see you in half an hour."she hung up not wanting to answer any more questions.

She was about to turn around and walk back to the kids. But stopped midway as she heard the doorbell ring. "Great! simply great." she mumbled to herself and headed straight to the door.

Her eyes went wide the moment she opened the door. "Won't you invite me in love?" he asked in a husky voice. No! This can't be happening. He can't be here. He can't find her, not after these many years.