Chapter 1

"Gerard, you came!" A voice said, running up to a man clad in expensive garments that set him apart from the other's plain wear. The figure leapt into Gerard's arms as the aforementioned caught him with ease. The voice belonged to a boy no more than eighteen, and he had wrapped his legs around Gerard's waist. His cheeks were flushed, and there was a fringe of dark brown hair in his hazel-green eyes that twinkled with delight and adoration. He swiped at the stubborn hair.

"Of course I came," Gerard smiled, brushing back the boy's hair. "I never break my promises, Francis. That said, would you please lower your voice? We wouldn't want to wake the village."

"Right, sorry," the boy blushed in a whisper. "I just hadn't seen you in a while, so I missed you," he smiled. "And I've told you many times before to call me Frank!" He said, playfully smacking the man's chest.

"Oh, but Francis is such a beautiful name befitting such a beautiful boy. I wouldn't want to part with a single syllable of it," he whispered.

"Gerard," Frank breathed, "you say the sweetest things."

"Do I now?" Frank nodded, and Gerard grinned.

"But I still want you to call me Frank," the boy said with obstinate conviction.

Gerard sighed playfully, "As stubborn as always, Frank." The boy's heart fluttered with giddiness. "So Frank, what–"

Gerard was cut off by Frank crashing his lips to his. At first, he was stiff with shock, but he soon melted into the kiss. Gerard wrapped his arms tighter around the boy's torso before finally setting him down, breaking the kiss.

"I'm sorry," Frank blushed again, "I've wanted to do that since you arrived here. Carry on with what you were saying, please."

Gerard was amazed at how this boy always managed to catch him off guard with the most spontaneous gestures. Not that he minded; it was one of the many traits he adored about him. "No, it's fine. I was only going to ask what you wanted to do while I am here."

"In that case," Frank bit his lip shyly, pressing himself against Gerard with a delicate hand to his chest, "I was hoping we could do more of this?"

"That depends," Gerard said, bringing his face closer to Frank's so that their lips were inches apart, "Should we?"

Frank nodded vigorously with enough conviction that Gerard dimly found amusing.

"In that case," Gerard huskily whispered in the young man's ear, "Jump."

Frank shivered and did as he was told, jumping right into Gerard's arms once more as he held him bridal style this time. He couldn't help but marvel at how effortlessly Gerard was able to carry him. He had known the mysterious man's strength but he never ceased to be amazed at all the wonders this being was capable of.

The two had spent what little time they had together at an inn nearby, away from both of their two very different worlds that would normally forbid such relations. They had spent the night talking among other activities.

Before dawn, Gerard had glanced at his sleeping beauty once more. He lovingly brushed back the mortal's hair that always seemed too stubborn to move from his eyes, which were now closed. The sleeping figure smiled as if by the touch, and Gerard's heart fluttered. He wondered about the kinds of lovely dreams the young boy had for a beautiful smile to grace his sleep. He conceitedly wished he was in them.