Touch The Sky

The woods seemed to come alive when I entered them. As I laced up my shoes I started thinking of what song to play. All of the music on my phone was music I danced to. There was some music on here that was not the typical ballet music but I liked the challenge.

Choreographing wasn't easy. All I did was feel the music and dance. Dad had gotten me an arm band to hold my phone while I danced with ear buds in. I slipped my phone into the slot and started to select a song. All of the songs on my phone were good. Today I wanted something faster to dance to. It took a while but I settled on 'Touch the Sky' from the Brave soundtrack.

The minute the music started my wolf took the back seat to the dancer inside me. With the first beat the dancer in me woke up. She started right away moving through the woods. If anyone saw me move they would assume I would hit a tree at some point. Each move I made was made with little effort.

I just let the music flow through me. It was like the music was the third part of me. My wolf often didn't like that I danced so much because when I danced I pushed her to the farthest corner of my mind. The other reason she didn't like it was because often I danced with Adam. My wolf was so hell bent that my mate was out there.

I did turns and leaps all around the forest as I moved. When I did my leaps it was almost like I did touch the sky. The ground beneath me provided soft ground as I landed. The minuet I landed I smelt the sweetest scent ever.

It was like a sweet honey and spice with a touch of rose and coffee. My eyes were closed as I let the scent flow through me. With the scent flowing through me and the music it was like a whole new dancer emerged. My feet became an extension of the music moving as if they were no longer hitting mortal ground. The leaves brushed right past my face as I moved through them with expert feet.

I didn't know my body was following the mystery scent. As the song ended it was turn after turn. The final move I did was a calypso into a pirouette. Once the song ended I collected myself until the minuet I felt a pair of strong hands push me into a tree. "Mine." I had stepped into another packs territory. It was only one foot too from when I landed my calypso.

The man before me had well-built muscles under his sun kissed skin. His hair was dark brown and fell to just below his ears and short on the side. His chocolate brown eyes were perching into my duller brown ones. He had a tattoo of a pair of angel wings on his bare right shoulder. The smell coming off him was the same one I smelt before just extremely stronger. 

I didn't wait any longer before I twisted out of his grip and ran to my car. I didn't bother to warm it up before I drove away. Night had fallen by the time I got home. "Abigail!" My father asked worried as I ran past him and my brother into my room. The minuet I closed my door and locked it I slid down the wall. "Why did you run from mate! We want mate!"

"Evey please not now." My wolf finally decided to shut up so I could calm down. That beautiful man was supposedly my mate? Why was the moon goddess so cruel to him? No one wanted me as a mate. I wasn't pretty by any means and I wasn't the strong person I was supposed to be. I was sure next time I saw that man he would reject me. My wolf whimpered at the thought.

All night I was tossing and turning in my bed thinking about the man who claimed to be my mate. Sleep evaded me for what seemed like forever. It wasn't until about five am I actually fell asleep. Even then my alarm went off at eight and I still had to pack for a few days at Alpha Michaels territory. Once I was all packed I went to shower and do my hair. Usually my hair was wavy because it was usually in a ballet bun everyday,  but because I was meeting an Alpha I had to look better then I usually did.

I took my curling iron to my hair and put some soft curls in it. It was still warm for September so I picked a white, thin strap, flowy, dress that fell to just below my knees. Make up was the one thing I put on myself on a daily bases. In the makeup department I went simple. I just threw on some foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and a hint of blush on. My shoes were just simple sliver short heals. The one thing I wore no matter what outfit I had on was a necklace my mom gave me. It was a long thin silver chain and a round silver pendent that fell to the middle of my chest.

Once I heard two male voices downstairs I took one last look at myself in the mirror. Once I was sure I was presentable I left the comfort of my room. The agony already filled my bones. No dancing for three days. It would be torture. This wasn't the first time I've gone days without dancing. My father and Alpha Michaels were talking as I walked into the living room. "This is my daughter Abigail. She is the one we decided to accompany you." My father introduced me.

The first thing I saw was the peak of an angel wing tattoo on a part of his shoulder his shirt didn't cover. The minuet he turned around I couldn't conceal the shock on my face.

Theo Michaels is my mate.