ii. black holes

Do you remember how you felt when Regina George got run over by a bus? Or when Darth Vader told Luke that he was his father? Or even when the Red Devil was looking down at Chanel Oberlin just before she was going to sleep?

These aren't just irrelevant scenes that were given to us by the twenty-first century, they made you say one thing: what just happened?

That was exactly how Elle felt when Jack walked out on her. After spending only one circle session with him, he's already got her so confused and it was absolutely infuriating that he already managed to stay in her head longer than most people she's been with her entire life.

But it was a new day, and it was another opportunity to try and get his reason not because she needed to be with him; it was more of the need to understand absolutely everything that happens around her.

She stood just beside the doorway of the class she knew Jack was in. Her jacket crumpled up and against her chest, almost as a teddy bear when the lightning struck when she was a child.

And finally, the long awaited ring of the bell came and the students finally started flooding out. Her eyes briskly scanned every face that she could see, hoping that the familiar yet beautiful outcast would be one of them.

But after a few seconds, the number of students exiting started diminishing, and she was starting to lose hope, until a figure moved past her in a blur.

"Hey." Elle said with a mixture of snappiness that was long overdue, as well as a hint of softness so that he wouldn't get entirely overwhelmed.

As she predicted, the blurry figure was indeed Jack Kingston. "Oh, it's you." Jack looked back and said with a sharp voice.

Elle finally matched his pace and finally made it to his side, much to his surprise as he had a double take to the girl beside him. "What happened yesterday?" Elle allowed her vulnerability to penetrate because she saw that what she felt towards him, not particularly romantic just yet, was definitely something worth fighting for.

"I have no clue what you are talking about. I just went out the door like a normal person." Jack said as he glared down at her before quickening his pace and leaving her behind, but Elle was having none of that. She marched her way towards him, and finally caught up to him.

"You're doing it again." Elle absentmindedly reached her hand out and turned him around. And she stood her ground, even when Jack looked down at her with irritation and annoyance.

"Why the heck does it even matter to you?" He raised his voice as he continued to look down onto her face, but Elle clearly wasn't backing down as she didn't let the height difference stand between her and stubbornness.

After a few minutes of their stare off that took place in the middle of the hall in the presence of all the students, Jack finally caved and groaned in annoyance whilst running his hand down his face.

"Fine. Have you had lunch yet?" Jack said impatiently as Elle watched him with crossed arms. Jack suddenly looked around and noticed that some people were watching their loud exchange of words. He opted to grab her upper arm and drag her out, but that would be a bit harsh considering that his parents taught him how to be polite. So instead, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and dragged her towards the door.

"Have you?" Jack asked her in reference to his previous question as Elle had a difficult time keeping up with his fast pace.