Chapter 4

Scarlet stared aimlessly out of the large, clear window in the restaurant - that very much resembled an old American diner - where she worked. Her hand - which had a cloth fisted into it - continued to work in a circular motion, making the table cleaner than it ever had been before. The lunch hour rush had just finished, and even though her feet ached she still couldn't bring herself to sit down like the others had.

She found it hard not to think of Harry, even though she had tried not to numerous times. She couldn't help but wonder where he was or what he was doing now, or even if he still wanted her; still loved her.

Every night since he had left she had had the same dream over and over again. She's in a dark room, and Cooper and Amber are there too, but she is in the deepest shadows, watching from a distance. Harry is there, only he's not Harry - he's someone else. Someone darker. He's standing still, his eyes empty as his steady hand points the gun in Cooper's direction. He mumbles something about putting Cooper out of his misery, about how he can take his best friends pain away. Amber seems to be floating, like she's not really there, and with every cry Cooper releases she disappears more and more.

"You don't want to live without her, Cooper. I can see it in your eyes. You're already dead." Harry whispers almost sympathetically, almost like it's a feeling he knows himself.

Cooper nods slowly and drops to his knees in front of Harry, sobbing uncontrollably. "Please," He whispers, sounding so broken. "Take it all away."

Harry's hand trembles now, as he presses the tip of his gun against Cooper's forehead, right between his eyes. "Goodbye, Coop. You where a great friend." Harry chokes, closing his eyes over as he pulls the trigger back.

Scarlet runs forward, screaming silently as blood splatters. Harry's eyes flicker open and he eyes her suspiciously, almost like he doesn't know who she is. She feels her heart ache at the emotionless expression on his face - the lack of love behind his eyes, and then he asks her a question she never sees coming. "Why do you look like her?"

"Look like who, Harry?" She asks, struggling to breathe.

"Scarlet. Why do you look like her?" He asks again, calmer this time, scratching the side of his head with the tip of his gun.

"I - Harry it's me. It's Scarlet." She screams, scared. How can he not notice me? She thinks to herself.

"No. No you can't be Scarlet." He laughs hauntingly, tears streaming down his face. "Scarlet's dead."

And that's when she wakes up, gasping for air, drenched in her own cold sweat. She hoped that it had no real meaning and that it was just her worst fear being brought to life in a horrifying nightmare that seemed to play over and over again in her sleepy mind like a horror film on constant repeat. One that she knew she should stop watching, but for some reason she never could.

Harry's P.O.V

I could see her, but she couldn't see me. The blacked out windows in my car gave me the disguise I needed as I parked across from the restaurant where she worked, like I did most days. It was easy at first, to go unnoticed, but everyday she and Cooper got a little closer to finding me, and following her was becoming too dangerous. I knew that this would be the last time I could watch her like this, and although the thought broke my heart, somewhere deep inside I thought maybe it would be easier if I didn't torture myself like this.

She stood beside a blonde girl, both of them laughing at something one of them had said. At the sight of her smile, I could feel my heart race. I would give anything to be the reason behind that smile again. Absolutely anything.

"So." Max beamed, leaning over me, gazing out the window. "Which one is she, then?"

"The brunette." I spat through gritted teeth, knocking him back into his seat, glaring at him angrily. He was beginning to get on my nerves. Everywhere I went, there he was. I would be more than surprised if he didn't start coming to the bathroom with me soon.