Chapter Two

"You may have been conversing with our portraits a few moments ago," Salazar began, "but we do not have the knowledge that the portraits do. We merely cast the spell to bring you four here when our portraits explained it to you."

"In short," Godric interrupted, "we need introductions. Please tell us your name and who you are descended from."

"Harry Potter, Heir of Salazar Slytherin."

"Hermione Granger, Heir of Rowena Ravenclaw."

"Susan Bones, Heir of Helga Hufflepuff."

"Neville Longbottom, Heir of Godric Gryffindor."

The Founders nodded. "Right." Rowena said. "Each of you, follow your ancestor. You will meet back up for dinner."

Harry walked over to Salazar, who nodded to Harry. Each of the Founders and his friends walked from the room, through the founder's doors. "Follow me. For future reference, feel free to call me Salazar."

Salazar led Harry through his door, and down the tunnel. "I believe you know this place." He gestured out the tunnel and Harry saw it was merely a cave in the wall now, and there was a staircase, and tons of other things in the main Chamber. There were no gigantic snake statues.

"I do. In my time it is old and rather run down though." Harry replied. "But it being a thousand years in the future with very little upkeep over the years makes that expected."

"Indeed." Salazar nodded. "First, how are your potions skills?"

Harry shrugged. "Not the best. I was enthusiastic for potions at first, but the teacher in my time is more interested in scaring the children and berating them every moment than actually teaching."

Salazar pursed his lips. "I see. Defense against dark magics?"

"My best subject. According to the headmaster, I'm the best in the entire school." Harry replied.

"Good." Salazar nodded. "I will test your skills in that subject later. Today, I wish to see how well you are in potions, and where I need to start to bring you up to scratch."

Harry nodded. "Alright."

Salazar handed him a book, opened to a specific page, and directed him to a potions area. "Brew an Animagus revealing potion, it is on the page the book is opened to. Do not hesitate to ask questions."

Harry nodded. "Got it." He began brewing the potion, following the directions carefully. Then he came to a part where the instructions told him to add lacewing fly wings (tongue twister), but Harry felt like he was supposed to add asphodel petals.

"Uh, this says I'm supposed to lacewing fly wings, but it feels like I should be adding asphodel petals." Harry said, glancing up.

Salazar raised an eyebrow. "Impressive. You caught the trick. Not many people would. In every potion in that book, the instructions have a mistake in them. By catching that, you proved to me that you are a natural potions brewer. That does not necessarily mean you will have a job as a Potions Master though. You are correct though, it is asphodel petals you are supposed to add."

"Alright." Harry said going back to the potion.

When he finished, Salazar looked at the potion. "Correct. This is successfully brewed. You four shall be using it to discover your forms next weekend." Harry smiled slightly. "Now, go into the meeting room for dinner. You will be staying in the bedroom across the hall. It will be hard to explain you four to the students, so we have opted to keep you hidden."

"Alright." Harry agreed and walked up the stairs, going into the meeting room.

"What was your day like?" Hermione asked. The others were already sitting in their respective chairs. Harry sat as well. "Rowena and I were discussing runes."