Chapter 1

Hello Wattpad users! This is my first book which is in the Camera Chronicles series. It's a four book series, all based on different characters whose memories are similiar to taking pictures....Kinda. All the characters will appear in the book somehow except no characters will appear in books that haven't been written yet. I hope you like it! Cause if you don't...

I kill you -_-

No just kidding!

Or am I...?

Hehehehe....Anyways this chapter is dedicated to my best friend that has known me and inspired me since birth PeppermintDani.

Enjoy the book!

****************************************************

“The Renaissance was a cultural and scholarly movement which stressed the rediscovery and application of texts and thought from classical antiquity, occurring in Europe c. 1400 – c. 1600. The Renaissance can also refer to the period of European history spanning roughly the same dates…” Professor Gary went on and on and as everyone was writing down notes, I was just sitting there, feeling weak from my chemotherapy session last night. My bones ache and I have a panging feeling in my chest.

“Not taking notes I see?” My best friend Trevor whispered to me. I looked up to his smirking face and smiled.

 “It’s a gift,” I whisper back, shrugging.

He chuckles and gestures towards my paper. I look at it and see that it’s blank while everyone else’s around me is filled with things.

I groan and he gives me his paper to copy things down. Trevor is a genius. Even though it’s his junior year in high school, he’s already been accepted to Harvard. Trevor, Hailey, and I decided we would graduate this year. Hailey and I want to go to a university in Colorado or California. We live in Miami right now which sometimes gets boring so we want to see the sights.

 After I finish copying things down, the bell rings. Lunch time.

I sit outside with my best friends, Hailey and Trevor. Their engaged in conversation but I zone out. I don’t have an appetite but I have to eat. If I don’t eat, I’ll pass out or worse, have to have a shot.

I take a bite of my specialized sandwich that my mom made for me with my medication in it. Hailey and Trevor always pester me about how the sandwich looks so delicious. But I always smile and say the same thing every time. “It’s so not for you.” And it’s true. They don’t even know I have cancer either. 2 minutes into lunch and people are already coming over to us. We’re pretty popular because my personality, Hailey’s gossiping skills, and Trevor’s smarts. Together, we’re inseparable.

“So Carrie, you going to Kyle’s party tonight?” Mikey says. He was on the basketball team, along with some other people.

“No…” Everyone gasped and looked at me like I was crazy. I smirked. “I’m gonna be the party tonight.” Everyone cheered and gossiped about the party. I just nodded at everything people said to me. Finally, when everyone decided they were done, they said bye, getting up and throwing their food away. I saw Hailey tilt her head in a confused manner and her eyes had that worried look. I gave her a reassuring smile and threw away the rest of my lunch.

I walk away towards the opposite building and go down the steps to the Tavern. That’s where all the disabled kids are or just where the “different” people are. It’s where I could be myself without anyone judging me.

                “Nice of you to join us, Carrie,” Ms. Taylors said.

                I give her a sloppy smile. “Sorry. I haven’t been able to come because my sessions with Dr. Quinn.”