|| FFX || sριяα's ωση∂εяℓαη∂ || Auron || 01

“If you deny your desire you’re only betraying your existence.” - Les, Crimson Shell

A click and a resounding 'tic tock, tic tock' at a rapid but even pace added to the noise already within the room, that being of the game's background music and sound effects coming from the TV. It was late, that much the gaming woman already knew, the room alight only by that of the TV.

She let out a soft 'hmm' as if in thought as she glanced at the time on her pocket watch before shoving it back into her pocket nonchalantly and returning to her gaming. It was long after midnight and she did have work that night, but....

She was much too absorbed into her gaming to care as of the moment. So her attention reverted back onto the screen as she began to tap her thumb upon the 'X' button of her controller as she mused over what course of action to take. Once again, replaying Final Fantasy X and she was battling the beast, Evrae before Bevelle, the creature always giving her trouble at least the first time around on each playthrough.

Several ‘hmms’ and frustrated grunts later left the woman satisfied as the beast was felled, after many panicked attempts to buffer her team with Tidus’ Cheer ability and Lulu’s Reflex after casting Haste upon the party and Slow on the beast of Bevelle.

A pleased chuckle left her while a grin stretched over her face, that as before a voice interrupted her enjoyment.

“Well done.”

Blinking dark eyes behind the lens of her glasses the brunette slowly turned, carefully as if about to look into the mouth of some great and angry animal. The voice had sounded familiar, though she didn’t know why she would be hearing it now of all places or even in real life.

And there he was sitting contently upon her bed behind her, legs crossed and a smile on his dark-skinned face. The purple hood was all too familiar to the woman.

“Creepy kid talking to me... This screams bad movie start right here...”

“Don’t be scared,” came the calm answer from the boy. “You have a part to play, too.”

Silence greeted the strange otherworldly boy’s words as the woman opened and closed her mouth, holding up a finger every so often to indicate she needed a moment to gather her words. The boy waited patiently, his eyes hidden away in the darkness of the room and the shadows of his tell-tale hood. Finally the woman stopped, a resigned look upon her face as she finally declared; “I’m dreaming. That’s all there is to it.”

“If you say so,” the smile on the boy’s lips twitched in amusement at this deduction. He stood then, the mattress shifting and creaking under his weight as the woman blinked at him and his now proffered hand. “Won’t you come play your part?”

“If this is a dream, I suppose I must play my role, huh?” came the lax answer, curiosity bubbling within her and something in the back of her mind trying to combat the idea that this was all just a dream. If it was a dream why as she feeling the chair she was sitting on, the wooden floor beneath her feet and the stuffy air in her room that caused sweat to bead on her forehead beneath the brim of her hat?

Much less this boy’s hand within her own as she took his, the moment blurring into the next and leaving the woman confused as to what happened before she found herself literally treading water...