Resident Evil || Hands Held High || Leon and Krauser || 01

"Oh, shit it's you!" taunted the brunette strolling down the stairway, her arms outstretched and a smirk playing on her lips as she did so. "My cat said it was going to be my therapist!"

"Your cat, huh?" chuckled the other lighter brunette woman, a duffel bag over her hands. Over her hair sat a strange hat with star pins and cat ears of sorts. For being in her younger twenties she still loved some childish things here and there. "Maybe you should be getting therapy."

"Ah, gotta have an intelligent conversation with something. The cat will suffice until then, don't ya think, Dena?" As Blaze gestured for Dena to follow her up the stairway she had just descended down. She had been waiting from the top of the steps, where the main landing of the apartment complex was after Dena had given her a call ten minutes prior to warn Blaze of her arrival.

Of, course, Dena was awfully curious about something and she had to ask. It had been awhile since Blaze had mentioned anything about it, after all and it left Dena wondering....

"Have you started training yet, Blaze?" Dena inquired as she was lead up the stairs to Blaze's apartment. Blaze had recently moved out, after years of struggling with a dead end job and an emotionally abusive mother. In fact, Dena had to admit that this was the happiest she had ever seen Blaze - though Dena wondered if there wasn't anything more Blaze was aiming for or if Blaze was even at her happiest yet.

Then again, Blaze wasn't a happy person to begin with....

It was common knowledge that Blaze didn't like being stuck in one place - it would only be a matter of time before she was struggling to get somewhere new, to do something new.

Thus Dena's inquiry now. It was common knowledge that Blaze was interested in getting into women's fighting - in order to do that she had to find a gym and start training...

Blaze's facial features (or what Dena could see from around the sunglasses perched on her nose) morphed into that of a grimace and Dena shot her a look as she rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Ah.... not exactly...."

"You haven't even called the gym yet, have you?"

"Not exactly...."

Blaze threw up her arm as Dena smacked at her lightly, simultaneously reaching to open her apartment door for the two to enter. "Get on it!"

"I will!"

Dena huffed; she would have to keep pestering Blaze about it until she did so. Ever since her failed attempt at a career a year or so ago Blaze had been unusually un-ambitious in her goal of being a fighter. It had taken awhile to figure out why but Dena had finally come to the conclusion that - for as strong and confident as she knew Blaze to be, she let her failures hold her back....

"Kind of bare, don't ya think?" Dena taunted, looking around the living room. A couch, several blankets and pillows were laying around, a small (and stained) table and another simple table with a flat screen seated upon it. Several gaming consoles were around it, and a baker's rack of sorts sat against the wall with her games neatly arranged on them. "Messy, too."

"Hey, take it or leave it, little miss~"

"I see the southern twang came back." Dena taunted lightly, setting her bag beside the couch and grinning as Blaze took to investigating which console she had currently hooked up to the TV.

"That's what I get for talking like Adventure Core for an hour nonstop on Skype the other day."

Dena laughed, remembering that call. It had been an entertaining one, to say the least. "So what are you having me play first?" Dena inquired, already knowing about Blaze's plans. In fact, she was already guessing at which Resident Evil Blaze was going to have her play first - both of them loving the franchise, but only Blaze having played any of the games (Dena had looked up information and watched a walkthrough for Resident Evil 4 as well as the movies).

Blaze was already swapping cords out with another console, it seemed. "Darkside."

"Which one is that again?" Dena inquired again, blinking as she picked up the Wii remote on the table already. It was the console Blaze was plugging into the power strip after all.

"The one with Krauser and Leon in South America and bite-sized summarizations of two and Code Veronica."

"Oh.... okay...."

Well, that hadn't helped Dena out much. Blaze picked up the second Wii remote and began to turn on the Wii, TV and setting it up further to get to the actual game.

"Aren't they one-player?"

"Not Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles. Five wasn't either, but you already knew that."

"Oh, I see...."

And so the two sat down to play, Blaze quickly getting them to the game itself, after having chosen their characters to play as. It was quickly brought to Dena's attention how much Blaze often played this game, scoring headshots here and there without little effort involved despite the shaky camera movement, having upgraded her firearms and knowing what to shoot and where.

"Oh, Lord!"

"Calm down! It's not real!"

"Stop making fun of me~"

"But it's so damn easy."

"Boo!"

The power began to flicker before the two had even gotten through the village itself, causing both women to stop and glance around curiously; even the game had seemed to freeze. It was too dark in the room, even for the windows being open, as well.

Confusion took over as the women were left to wonder just what was going on.

"What's-?!!" Dena froze having glanced down, black dark tendrils were swirling around them instead of Blaze's wooden floors. Blaze, too, glanced down to witness this, though she was noticeably more calm than Dena was - Dena's heart was hammering loudly against her chest as purple static appeared around them off and on.

"Well, this is new..." Blaze attempted. A thump alerted Blaze to Dena having passed out. "Shit!" Only a second after this was uttered banging resounded on the door - shouting accompanying it from the neighbors and possibly the owner of the apartment complex. Blaze had no time to answer as a blinding light cut off any response she may have had.

Blaze snapped her eyes closed, throwing her arm over them to help shield from the whiteness. Even with the sunglasses on it was blinding.

"So, two players this time?" inquired a male's voice causing Blaze to fight to peek open even just one eye to see who was speaking.

They were blinding in and of themselves, as if glowing. Large feathery wings sprouted from their backs though they were a faded white - almost gray coloring. In fact some patches were darker than others and seemed to be darkening further if she stared long enough. Beside her Dena lay in the whiteness, oblivious, almost as if floating alongside Blaze.

"I think it'll make things more interesting!" giggled the female, tossing her silver hair as she smiled at her partner.

"For what?" snarled Blaze, irritated. She didn't understand what was going on and it made her angry. She hated being left in the dark, so to speak.

Both angelic-like beings glanced at her, as if startled that Blaze had even dared to speak or maybe they had expected her to be unconscious as well. The man soon resumed smirking, however, stepping closer to Blaze and kneeling down in front of her. Not for the first time, Blaze was thankful for the sunglasses - she was able to still see, even if it was still difficult, through the man's glow.

"You see it's entertaining to us to throw others into new universes. You'll both prove to bring about interesting repercussions if we throw you in this one. I'm sure you'll be very familiar with it."

Blaze snorted in irritation. "Why should I play along?"

"Because you'll like it just as much as we do~ You do let your own failings hold you back, after all.... like a little coward." answered the woman and Blaze growled lowly, eyes narrowing further.

"Fine! You got a deal!" And so, with that single goading their fate was sealed.

"And to make things interesting," continues the man, their forms fading from Blaze's eyes. She didn't know why - she assumed it was their doing - but she was already growing tired. "Only one of you will be able to make it back to your 'home.'"