Day 11

I looked around to see blinking white lights coming directly from in front of me.

Is this another dream?

This time I could speak. I was completely aware of my surroundings, and that I was in a dream.

Lexi, Don't even try to look for them, if you defy my order, I will have to kill you. My top priority is your safety, so listen well when I say stay with these people, don't look for your old friends, they're gone.

That voice... Hayley.

How do you know about them? Where are they!?

I yell out desperately.

Shut up, child. I told you not to look for them, why in the world would I tell you where they are?!

Hayley hissed through gritted teeth.

Why have I never seen you!? Are you a monster? Because that's the image I have of you, a monster.

Suddenly the room goes black.

When I looked behind me I saw a door opening.

You want to see me huh? Well here I am.

Hayley stepped out of the light through the door.

Hayley was about 5'2, long straight white hair, and one grey eye, and one red cyborg eye that beamed at me. She was curvy, but skinny.

Not what you expected huh?

When she spoke, the room lit up too show a completely white room with nothing in it.

Did you really want to see a monster?

She laughed.

Or did you just want to see what I looked like?

When I looked at her body I could see her whole arm was made of metal.

When I started my research I was careless. One of my creations bit me. I knew straight away that it was only going to get worse, so I cut my arm off. A small lose for a big win.

I understood that she cut her arm off... But what creation is she talking about?

I can tell by that look you have no idea about what I'm talking about do you?

I shake my head, I was completely at a loss at what she was getting at.

Well, as you have already seen, the world is different. If you had been here only few 10 years ago, you would have seen happiness and joy being spread. Now you don't. You see my baby's.

She cracked a sinister grin.

My baby's are what you all refer to as the 'things'. Back in my younger days, I would always dream of having an apocalypse that I would come out on the top of. So I did what any teenage genius would have done, I created my own apocalypse. The first 400 reactions failed, it only killed the rats, but the 401 test worked. The rat I tested that reaction on died, but the next day it was alive again. I thought maybe someone had replaced the rat or something, but nope, it had the same weird birth mark the original one did. So after that, I decided to look at the bigger picture. Humans. I literally kidnapped people of old age, kill them, then hid them in my houses chemistry lab. See my parents were of the nerdy kind, they wanted me to be smart, so they decided to build me a chemistry lab. But the first elder didn't take to the chemicals, he died. And that went on for weeks and weeks until I thought... Maybe, just maybe I need a younger test subject. So I go upstairs, kill my parents, put the chemicals in them and put them in the human cages I built. Late that night I heard them, clawing to get out. Oh it was joy to my ears, I had finally succeeded! Now you probably think I'm completely crazy, and you'd be right to think that. I went down stairs to see them completely turned, but before I let them out to start their feeding, i injected myself with my own creation that makes you immune to their bite, so you can image that they can sense it so ever time one of them passed me, they ignore me! It's amazing! Truly! So that's how all of this started, my parents, and I.

No... She started all of this... How could she...

I trusted you... Where are my friends you psychopath?!

I yell at her

That's for me to know and for you too...

She says walking out the door.

WAIT!

But then I slip back into darkness and I can no longer speak.

Where the hell are they?

~~~~~~~

Just so you all are aware, this whole dream takes place through a whole day