Prologue

P R O L O G U E

Don't be afraid to steal, just steal the right stuff❞ - Mike Monteiro

To me, the best days to pick-pocket are when the crowds are big and the day is bleak. Then, it's easier to blend in with everyone, and most of the people aren't very attentive to, in my case, wandering hands.

My pick-pocketing skills have skyrocketed to a point in which I feel unbeatable. The whole experience to me is exhilarating. Stealing people's money right under their noses' and then using it to my benefit.

As you can see, I am not very sympathetic.

I'm pretty sure there was a time back in my childhood, when I cared. I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid, if I saw a wallet fall from someone's pocket, I would have respectfully given it back.

However, moments change you, and my moment was when my mom left.

She had cheated on my dad, and I had saw it happen, right in front of my eyes. After that incident, everything went downhill. My dad lost his job, my mom never came back, we had to move, and I grew up in a house that resembled a shack, with few friends, but much more responsibilities.

Now, you must be thinking: Dear Remi Greggs, motherless, and now poor.

However, in a way I should thank my mom. Without her, I would still be the pathetic, wimpy kid I was thirteen years ago. But heartbreak hardens you, and right now, I'm as tough as rope and as hard as stone.

Heartbreak has also taught me how to survive in any situation, which is helpful because I seem to get into a lot of bad ones. But the most appalling moment of my life seemed to happen on a day I expected it the least.

Hence, came the fateful day of January 23, my birthday.

• • • • •

Yayayayayayayay! I'm actually really excited to start this book!

First chapter will be posted on Sat or Sun!! Please vote and comment!

Love you all!!