Chapter 2

I jump in the shower. I look at my skinny body. My ribs stick out and cheeks are slightly sunken in. I sigh and continue to shower. When I get out I put on my black combat boots (they're like the only shoes I own.) a black top, a black hoodie and some grey jeans. I walk down stairs and grab breakfast.
"Is it ok if Caleb takes you in?" Andrew asks. I just nod and walk out with Caleb. They sigh. They didn't get much out of me at dinner. I guess it's a kind of . If we try hard enough we can get her to come out of her shell I'm sorry buts it's not that kind of thing. We get out of the car. I look at the tall grey building of the high school. I roll my eyes. People stare at me. I pull my hood up over my face. I hate attention. I follow Caleb to the the administrative office. She glances at me.
"Beatrice Prior?" She asks dully. I cringe at the name. It's just a constant reminder. It's my first day of junior year.
I nod. I follow Caleb to my home room.
"See you after school" I nod and head in. I make a B- line for the back and sit down. A girl with dark skin and dark hair looks at me and goes back to talking with her friends. 2 boys walk in and walk straight up to me.
"Looks like we got our selves a stiff." One of them mutters
"Your sitting in our seat." The other growls "move"
"Or what" I ask
"Or I'll make you"
"How about no?" I say
"I didn't think I was gonna beat any one up today." He says . He cracks his knuckles and I brace my self.
"Piss off" I say "you can't touch me. You can't do any worse then what's been done" I say. He gives me a confused look. But then heaven it's self gave me mercy. Our home room teacher walked in.
"Hello I'm miss Wu and I'll be your home room teacher." She smiles at us.
"As you've already noticed I'm sure we've got a new student joining us. Tris." She gestures to me at the back of the room. Most of the girls roll they're eyes. The girl with the dark hair looks at me and smiles.
"I'm Christina." She says and shakes my hand. She notices the scar on my hand a large one that goes straight across. I pull back my hand and hide it in my jumper sleeve and look to the floor. She gives me a funny look.
"Anyway what lesson have you got next?" She says
I show her my time table.
"Oh we've all got the same lessons." She says and gestures to the other girls.
I muster a smile to be nice. I know I'm not really wanted. The bell goes and we walk out. They all talk about their summers and how their boyfriends are. I follow them so I know where I'm going.

(Page break)
I get into the lunch que. I've just come out of maths. I'm pretty good at it considering all the stuff I've missed. Peter and Eric start to walk towards me. I turn around.
"Hey shit face" Eric says
"Hey tiny wiener" I mimick the tone of his voice.
"You've got some balls, haven't you?" He sneers. I turn around to see two similar looking boys standing behind them glaring at me.
"Watch your back." Peter whispers in my ear. I shudder and gulp. I grab whatever's edible and look around at the large dining area. I walk through them and notice people staring at me. Obviously never seen a new girl before. Luckily. Marlene calls me over. I see Christina roll her eyes. I walk over and her whisper is loud enough for me to hear it.
"Chris come on, she's new are you gonna let her sit by herself?"
I take the last seat in between Christina and Marlene. I nod to say thank you.
"Hey what's your name?" A boy with dark skin asks
"Tris" I reply
"Where did you used to live?"
"Depends what you mean."
"Why?"
"Well I used to live in Michigan." I say.
They smile. "But then I was moved." They give me a confused look.
"Do you have any siblings?" Shauna asks
"Well, no, not really. I've got a new brother Caleb."
"New brother?" Lynn asks
"Yeah. He's about the same age as us. 10 months older I think, he goes here." I say. Why are they looking at me like that?
"Yeah but he's been in our class since kindergarten."
"Yeah. I'm fostered." I say
"Fostered?" They repeat. I nod.
"Why?" A boy asks. He has stormy eyes and dark hair. He's wearing a leather jacket and a white top.
"Huh well," I say "ummmm... My mom died and my dad went to prison." I say.
I leave out the part of how I went to a juvenile centre. The reason I went to a juvenile centre is because I was caught stealing. I started small with my friends. Then it got bigger and bigger until I went to a mansion one night and we got into some bad stuff. All of my friends got away. Not me. All I had to do was make it over the fence. My friends just had to pull me over. But they saw the  sucrity guards and ran for it. I tried to make it over the fence but the guards pulled me off the fence. I didn't make it away. My mom died because of an drug over dose. She used to do stuff like weed. My dad got sent to prison for murdering someone as well as drugs, alcohol and neglect as well as child abuse. That's why I have the scars on my arms. He used to take a knife to me sometimes and cut up my arms. He smashed bottles over my head , so the shards would fall and scrap over arms.  He would hit me. It was like torture. Shout at me if I ever did anything wrong. Even the tiniest thing. When I would go into school I would usually go in with a black eye or fresh cuts. The teacher would always ask if any thing happened at home. I would always deny it because I knew that it would get worse. So I turned to the streets and began to steal because my dad lost his job and forced me to. They promised they could put him away for good. So I told them and I haven't seen my dad since. I went to the juvenile centre for about 4-5 months. When I got out I was fifteen and was put into a care home and fostered ever since... Now you know...